1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

What happened...

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Discussion' started by StuPot, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuPot

StuPot Blah blah blah

..with my avatar?

Also iv pressed something on my keyboard that has made the bar along the bottom of my screen vanish.. Any help would be appreciated

[​IMG]

2. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

Your task bar gone, that happened to me and now you got me thinking on how i fixed it

3. StuPot

StuPot Blah blah blah

Iv fixed my avatar but i still need help with the task bar (If thats what its called)

4. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

well your avatar's back,
    as for the taskbar..

SYMPTOM
    You cannot see the taskbar (which contains the "Start" button) anywhere on your desktop.
    CAUSE
    The taskbar may be hiding at the bottom of the screen after being accidentally resized.
    SOLUTION

* Put the mouse pointer on the bottom border of your screen. If the pointer turns into a double-arrow Double Arrow Pointing up and down, click and drag upwards. If your taskbar isn't hiding at the bottom of the screen, try moving the mouse to the right, left, and top edges, looking for the double-arrow.
    * If you are running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and the above does not work, this might:
    1. Press the Windows key on the keyboard to bring up the Start Menu
    2. Right-Click on the taskbar and select Properties.
    3. Toggle the 'Auto-Hide the taskbar' checkbox and click Apply.
    4. If it is now checked, move the cursor to the bottom, right, left, or top of the screen and the taskbar should re-appear.
    5. Repeat step three to return to your original setting.

5. StuPot

StuPot Blah blah blah

Thanks P.A. This option worked

6. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

If you arnt running sp2 you should be!

7. footballbat

footballbat Domine, dirige nos

*Bump*

Where are my avatar?:confused:

Why come I no have no more special access neither?:(

8. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

Nobody's avatar got carried over, but i still have the directory info if you don't have a copy of your avatar saved.

You'll get your Special Access back too, just need to create that group again:afro:

9. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

Gah...PA beat me to it.

Gave me a good reason to change my avatar tho....

10. footballbat

footballbat Domine, dirige nos

OK, thanks. The avvie is saved on my hard drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.