1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

NJ Firearm Laws

Discussion in 'Social Issues' started by Green Tea, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

Source: http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/njac-title13-ch54.pdf

Let me just get this off my chest.... GAY AS HELL

So according to this PDF, my Air Rifles are considered a firearm and has all the same laws as owning a real gun that can actually kill a man.

Now don't get me wrong, the air rifle can kill a squirrel in one shot and injure a person pretty bad if you don't know what your doing but the worst that you gonna do is embed the little steel BB like 2 inches into your victim, still ouch.. But i would not put that into the SAME category as a real rifle.

FFS!, they even consider a sling shot as a firearm since it "fires" a solid projectile.

lmao, i aint got a permit nor license so if the cops ever give me a visit i'll be arrested for illegal possession of a firearm? LOLZ yeah right /sarcasm

I mean really, at ten pumps the fastest your gonna get the BB to go is 2400 FPS (feet per second) and they do not recommend any more then ten, but at 18/20 pumps its been clocked at 3200 FPS.

but really, WTF am i gonna do? rob a bank? "oh, please wait while i pump my gun" LOL

but still i <3 Nj. :roll:

2. Laughing Man

Laughing Man садистский делирий

lol nj gov iz teh uber n00bz :buck:

heh heh heh O0

3. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

LoL is all I can do! Dude you live in a police state.you cant' even light off a fucking firecracker
    without being locked up...Forget about hunting! They make it damn near impossible to hunt..
    You need a squeeky clean record! FFS down here you don't even have to register a gun!
    I was lookn at them air rifles the other day little diff. then a bbgun..take the red stop on the end of the gun off and
    it looks fucking real..I almost bought a couple for my kids to shoot around the yard with but I thought
    about it and don't need to be replacing neighbors windows! I'm glad u still love NJ because I fucking hate it!

4. Green Tea

lol, get your kiddies the spring loaded guns.
    they shoot nowhere near as far, hard, or fast as the air power ones and their bb's are usually rubber or plastic.

wont kill anything LOL

5. Green Tea

6. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

Some of the things in that thing are stupid.

(b) A permit to purchase a handgun, or a firearm purchaser identification card, shall not be issued to any person:
    1. Who has been convicted of any crime.

Does this mean mistameaners felonys, or assault??
    In Illinois if your convicted of a felony or assault,
    no Firearms Owners ID (FOID).

13:54-1.9 Number of firearms that may be purchased
    (a) Only one handgun may be purchased or delivered on each permit to purchase.
    (b) There shall be no restriction on the number of rifles, shotguns and antique cannons that may be purchased or
    acquired, provided the receiver possesses a valid firearms purchaser identification card and otherwise complies with all
    of the provisions of this subchapter.

My FOID card is good for 6 years.
    It allows me to buy and own
    as many handguns, rifles, or shotguns I want to.
    I currently own 35 guns, not including my pellet rifle.
    Those Jersey laws suck.

7. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Yes Dennis thats what it means any crime you were convicted for..Coulda been a simple Jaywalking ticket!
    NJ is the worst state when it comes to owning any kind of gun..I'd be scared to throw my shotgun or rifle in the truck
    to go hunting with the fear of being pulled over and locked up! I couldn't own a gun in NJ anyways I wouldnt
    be able to get a permit because I was convicted of a crime when I was younger..It takes months to get a
    permit to even purchase a firearm! FUCK NJ it's the worst place in the US! I can own a 100 guns here and noone
    would even bat an eye! Fuck I could walk into any gun shop tomm morning and purchase whatever the fuck i wanted!

8. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

All those unarmed people,
    Jesus the crime rate awt to be pretty high
    when the crooks don't have to worry about getting shot.
    The way that law reads I'd be in trouble for my sword and knife collection.
    If I couldn't have a gun I'd at least want a sword,
    and it appears ya can't have those ether, with out going thought a bunch of red tape.

Jersey, land of the free, home of the unarmed and scared.

I wouldn't be able to live there with those kind of bullshit laws.
    Hell if I lived 8 miles to the East, in Indiana, I could get a concealed carry permit.
    Sorry folks but Jersey sucks big time.
    You folks in New Jersey need to start bitching at your elected officals
    to get that law changed before they outlaw steak and carving knives.

9. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

They prolly come here now to buy guns..Used to be Virgina!
    I can go up the street from my house and get a concealed
    carry permit..twice a month!

10. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

I wish it was that easy here.

11. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member

OK, so New Jersey firearm ownership and purchasing laws are restrictive, yet over the border in North Carolina Surfsarge can easily purchase guns if he wants to.

One question: Apart from hunting and collecting, *why* does anyone want or even feel the *need* to own a gun?

I still don't understand the *apparently* fundamental difference in commonly held attitudes towards gun ownership between the USA and Australia.

12. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

For protection...It's actually a good thing..because down here in NC would be robbers would think
    twice about breaking into any house for 2 reasons...
    1. Just about everyone owns a gun/guns.
    2.Just about everyone owns a dog/dogs!
    your dead meat unless the robber knows
    for sure you don't have either! But those
    people lived in gated communities! ;D

13. HeyBuddy

HeyBuddy Well-Known Member

I've been to North Carolina and to New Jersey. I feel much safer in North Carolina, and I'm sure the people who live there do too. I have a carriers permit because criminals carry without a permit. Before I had my permit, I witnessed a simple theft. The idiot chased me down and shot up my vehicle before running me off of the road. Then, i was on foot dodging bullets and had absolutely no way of defending myself. If I had my permit already, I believe that the entire thing could have been ended with one shot. I would have either hit the guy who was shooting at me from his car, or he would have realized that it wasn't worth it and sped off.

Illegal gun violence was on the rise in my area early this summer. We have had a rise in the number of out of state people moving to this area. When the gun violence started to surge, the city responded with a record number of carriers permit applications. The local gunshops had a record month of sales. Since then, there has only been one notable shooting. Criminals fear armed law-abiding citizens.

A lot of people think that they don't need a gun because we have armed police. The problem with that is, that police officers aren't personal body gaurds. In a situation with an armed criminal, you do not have time to wait for a police officer. A police officer can only arrest a criminal after he has commited the crime, at which point you are probably dead. He can't prevent a crime any more than you or I could.

Believe it or not, places with strict gun laws actually have a higher rate of gun violence in the US. Some of the police there with common sense, won't bother with someone like myself if I bring my gun to their city or state. A friend of mine forgot about the laws in NY City, and carried his gun into the Empire State Building. The officer at the security check, held his gun for him with his license and Indiana carriers permit. It was returned to him on the way out. That is NOT what is supposed to happen in NY. He should have been arrested, but licensed carriers in Indiana have a very good track record. Most police know this. In Michigan, the state police department pushed legislators to recognize Indiana's carrier's permits. They have come to the realization over the years that they never have problems with legal gun carriers from Indiana.

Anyway, I'm getting a bit long-winded.

14. HeyBuddy

HeyBuddy Well-Known Member

Speaking of Virginia....

A lot of people wanted to blame loose gun laws for the Virginia Tech shootings. The problem with that thinking is that Virginia Tech doesn't allow guns on campus. It was the strict gun rules of Virginia Tech's campus that made it a target. This deranged man knew it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. If they at least allowed the professors to carry, I don't think this guy would have attempted it. If he did attempt it, he would have shot a lot less people.

When this happened at Pearl MS schools, a teacher had to run almost half a mile to his car to get his gun because it wasn't allowed on school property. He was the one that ended the shooting. At another college someone attempted a slaughter like VT, and only managed to shoot one person because a law-abiding citizen returned fire.

15. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member

Sarge, Buddy: Unbelievable- I believe you Buddy, but un-be-F'ing-believable. :(

I don't know of anywhere in Australia where the same attitude exists: Like I said, a fundamental difference.

Needless to say, I hate handguns.

[edit] breaking news... another shooting incident in a college. :(

[edit 2]
    Last!