1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Police baffled by abandoned toddler

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Ree, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Ree

Ree Well-Known Member

Why would anyone want to dump a child, people like that dont deserve kids :bat:

Police are still searching for the family of a toddler abandoned at a Melbourne railway station yesterday.

The girl dubbed Pumpkin because of her Pumpkin Patch clothing is in emergency foster care.

She was found wandering alone at Southern Cross Station in the CBD about 8 o'clock yesterday morning.

Security footage shows the girl believed to be about three years old, hand-in-hand with a man pulling a suitcase.

Transit police Inspector Brad Shallies says the little Asian girl hasn't spoken to police and doesn't match any missing child reports.

Christina Asquini of the Department of Human Services says the girl's in good health, beautifully dressed and very well cared for.

Police haven't ruled out the possibility she's visiting from overseas.

She's wearing bright pink corduroy long pants, a Pumpkin Patch aqua blue vest with red and pink diamond squares with white patterned lines in Size 6, a long-sleeved pink top, two red jackets and pink and white runners.

http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/2007/09/16/Police_baffled_by_abandoned_toddler

2. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Thats sad! :mad:

3. Ree

Ree Well-Known Member

Here you go here is an update on all this, it's all breaking news here, i cant believe it took so long and so many days just to search the car that was parked right in front of the house all those days, and here she was dead in the boot. I know they had to wait for paper work to search the car but why so long...... http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2488543.ece

Click this link, he has fled to the USA listen to the Audio of Officer Jason Lay, and view the vid, you never know there could be a nice big Reward come out for you peolpe in the USA to catch this guy ;)
    http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/09/20/2038193.htm

Click the link above ^^^and scroll down view the video and then listen to the Audio's
    Video: International police hunt continues in Liu murder case (ABC News) Audio: Grandmother seeks custody of abandoned toddler (AM) Audio: Police criticised over handling of Annie Liu investigation (AM) Audio: Officer Jason Lay of the Los Angeles Police Department on 774 ABC Melbourne (ABC News)
    Audio: Correspondent Peter Lewis reports on the investigation (ABC News)

New Zealand police say they are relying on Interpol to coordinate the search in the United States for fugitive father Michael Xue.

He is now the prime suspect in what is thought to be the murder of his estranged wife Annie Liu.

Mr Xue fled to Los Angeles at the weekend, leaving his three-year-old daughter Qian Xun Xue at a Melbourne train station, yet US police claim not to have been contacted by detectives in Auckland.

The officer in charge of the homicide investigation, Senior Sergeant Simon Scott, says they are dealing with Interpol, rather than local law enforcement agencies.

"We want to speak with [Mr Xue] in relation to what's gone on here and in Melbourne," he said.

Post-mortem examination

A post-mortem examination today is expected to formally identify a body found in Auckland as the toddler's missing mother.

The body of an Asian woman believed to be 27-year-old Annie Liu was discovered in the boot of her estranged husband's car almost 48 hours after police first went to the family's suburban Auckland home.

But Senior Sergeant Scott blamed the apparent delays on obtaining a search warrant and the need to follow procedures.

"We haven't had the keys for the vehicle - it's just not a matter of breaking the windows and getting in," he said.

"I'm satisfied my staff have done an excellent job.

"We are hoping examination of that vehicle is going to reveal evidence as to how the person that is in that vehicle has met their death."

Custody bid

Meanwhile the toddler's grandmother Liu Xiaoping, 53, will travel to New Zealand and then on to Australia to try and gain custody of Qian Xun Xue.

"What she is going through now has no doubt left scars on her heart," Ms Liu said.

"The Australian Government and people have given her great caring and support, for which I feel very grateful, but it will take some time for her to recover and walk out of the shadow cast on her heart."

Her grandmother says she is the only one left to care for the girl.

"I'm her closest and most important family member - she's got nobody apart from me," she said.

"Anan [mother Annie] was my only child and she's my only granddaughter. I will do my utmost to bring her up."

Ms Liu wants to take her back to live in China's Hunan Province where she works as the deputy general manager of a large company.

A Chinese politician in New Zealand says the three-year-old girl is best off being reunited with her extended family in China.

Nationals MP Pansy Wong says the girl speaks Mandarin, and her grandmother has given assurances about family connections in China.

"She's a very youthful grandmother, strong woman, they also have uncles," she said.

"Qianxun also has grand-uncles and grand-aunties, so there's a lot of very caring extended family there."

4. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

They'll catch him..But havn't the authorities contacted the US yet?