1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

COD4

Discussion in 'Gaming & Simulations' started by Norwegian Viking, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Norwegian Viking

Norwegian Viking Well-Known Member

Just tested the Call of duty 4 demo.I like it,will def buy it when released O0

2. kevinator

kevinator Well-Known Member

My computer is having trouble running it for some reason but I someone how got into the BETA for the xbox360 and have it already preordered. Now i just need my xbox back from Micorsoft. I wander how much longer....

3. kevinator

Just got it today after school for the 360 and wow amazgin!!! ive been playing live for around 3-4 hours now. love this game

4. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

I just got back from opening a few new stores so I haven´t had the time to pick it up. Ivé been going since 8 am yesterday and it´s 9:40 am now. Ima going to bed then heading out to the store to get it ASAP. Oh and shaving cream. I left that in the hotel.

5. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

I got the PS3 version. Absolutely amazing. The best so far is [hide]when you are in the AC 130 gun ship and blowing the shit outta that small town. I love it.[/hide]

Graphics are sweet, sound is spectacular and the training mission that tells you your difficulty level is a brilliant idea.

6. kevinator

I wander if the PS3 version is different from the 360? I have only played SP for a lil. MP is crazy fun. My only complaint is that ranking from 1-15 is to easy but after that it could take a lil.

Best Game of the year easily beats Halo 3if you ask me......now i wander how Assassins Creed will hold up and same with the new GTA(cant wait for this one)

7. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

I don't imagine there is much difference between the PS3 and 360 versions. The deciding factors of which version to get were simple for me. They had COD4 on demo at the store on both consoles and the PS3 version looked better. And as I felt with previous COD titles, the control layout is better feeling on the PS3 (for me at least)

Halo 3 was a completely different title. H3 was the final nail in the coffin for MC, and it finished the story line. I feel that Bungie did an awesome job on it, and dedicated to a truly superior campaign setup. But, with that said, Bungie is behind other devs and needed to produce a heavy hitter, and simply put Halo will never be capable of that since the first one. Now they aren't locked in to this story arc (contractually) I think we will see something great come out from these guys once again.

Assassin's Creed better be mega-super-awesome-fantastic. There has been so much hype and so much anticipation for this game that if it doesn't deliver, people will be amazingly disappointed, and won't buy. I am skeptical of this game for this exact reason. The team at UbiSoft has a hard time making a game that attracts my attention since I lost faith with them around the release of Splinter Cell: Peanut Butter Monkey (much better than the actual name of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow) They had a promising title and blew it completely.

GTA IV will be sweet, like they all are. Just how much icing on this cake is the question. Is 2K and Rockstar in trouble financially? Yes. Are they delaying it until Q2 2008? yes. They want their 2008 money books to look good, final answer. Fact of the matter is their 2007 books will look like shit because Manhunt 2 has failed to deliver and most of the 2K sports games won't sell as much because of Next Gen penetration. Although their sports games are by far the best. Their only saving grace is Microsoft, err, I mean BioShock. If MS didn't port it to 360 it would have been dead in the water ( pun heavily intended) because it wasn't that spectacular of a game (beat it on hard just under 8 hours, no replay value). It was a dry summer though, and BioShock was a nice cold beer, so it sold well.

Personally I am stoked for MGS. They look like they are doing an awesome job of this one and graphically it looks insane.

8. Norwegian Viking

Just ordered the game for my PC. Cannot wait until it arrives.The game got 5 of 6 on the dice. Multiplay is supposed to be GREAT!!! 8) O0 Dang there goes Desember lol

9. kevinator

still playing this game ALOT more then the other games i own(Guitar Hero 3 and SKATE)(just bought Assassin Creed but havent played it yet)

I havent had the chance to play SP alot but it is really good also. Only downfall i hear about it is that its a lil to short.
    This game on LIVE is so fun though. If you have LIVE get this game immediatley. The game is so fun and people(well most) will work as a team. The weapon upgrades are fun and cool. Graphics are super good also. GAME OF THE YEAR!

10. Norwegian Viking

Playing it online every day.LOVE the game ;D

11. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

I love the online of it too, but the single player was too short. Although the bonus Chaplin-Mode is hilarious.

12. 211drinker

211drinker Lurker

single player was too short, but it is still really awesome. I really don't like 1st person shooters, but this one is great.

13. Norwegian Viking

New updates 1.6 and 1.7 out. NEW maps included.FUUUUN !!!!!

Game just got better :)