1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

So I got a call..

Discussion in 'Social Issues' started by Green Tea, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

from a buddy of mine, turns out him and his buddy got jumped by 20 black guys.
    He was walking with 2 male friends and 2 female friends around 7:30pm-ish and thats the time they got jumped.
    1 guy and the 2 girls managed to run away but his bud and him got cornered.

He ended up with a broken nose and two chipped teeth among other injuries. I do not know the status of his friend.
    Sucks for him because he just had surgery on his leg on saturday.

He still does not know what the reason for all of this was but apparently they got the guys later that night.

NOW he can't sleep and he keeps calling me.
    now dont get me wrong, this guys like a brother to me, i've known him since 5th grade, but i need to help someone move in the morning and i can be lifting things after pulling an all nighter lol...

i do feel bad for him though, i should've been there with him hitting on his lady friends like i tend to do (lol) ..

pisser.. :-X

2. crazyjoe

crazyjoe Lurker

damn dude

was it a racial thing maybe?

I mean it just sounds so random..only reason that I can think of off the top of my head.

3. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

^^
    could be..

I just feel so bad..
    i really should've been there with him,
    i mean,
    all these years, if he got fucked up i got fucked up, if i got fucked up so would he, we were always fucked up together ..
    we would always stand by one another even if that meant we had to fight with the possibility of falling.

no matter how bad the situation looked neither of us ever ran.

and this time he got fucked up alone.
    his friends ran and the one sucker that got cornered with him got it too.

and now he cant sleep!
    and i cant just tell him to stop calling me, he my bro.

lol............... suxors :buck:

4. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

This is why I have a concealed carry permit!

5. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

And why I don't but still carry

6. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

To bad it's damn near impossible to be a fire arms owner in NJ..Place sux! Thats
    one of the reasons I never hunted in Jersey endless Permits and background checks
    just to get permission to hunt..rediculous!

7. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member

Damn, that really sucks Private Ale.

It's times like these that you find out how good your friends are.

Bottom line: What's more important, getting a couple more hours sleep, or being there for a mate?

I think you know the answer to that question.

Sarge, Dennis: Do you really think that having a gun on him that night would have made the situation better for Private Ale's mate? Think about what could have happened if he had pulled a gun on that night, to protect himself and his friends.

8. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Without a doubt I think the situation woulda turned out for the better.
    If I'm being attacked by 20 people I have the right and will shoot to kill.
    I don't have a problem taking out another human being if my life
    depends on it.I'm 100% sure a jury would side with me.

9. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

Criminals like defenseless victims, not armed ones.
    I wouldn't even hesitate before shooting someone to protect me or mine.

10. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member

^^^ OK, let's assume you found yourself in the same situation and were packing. If one or more of the assailants was also armed, then right away -as soon as you pull your piece- the reaction of the armed assailant(s) would be to do the same. Once a weapon is drawn, the situation is escalated: All it takes is a split second and a random impulse and somebody's dead. If you draw first you may get the first one to go for his piece, but the probability is that the second guy will get you.

As opposed to what? What were the 20 guys after in this case? Wallets? Beating up some random guy?

Sorry for the derail Private Ale.