1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

computer

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Green Tea, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

is there some easy non-gonna-cost-a-fortune way to link my laptop & desktop together?
    you know like a network so i can manage files between the two?

I tried network wizard thing, but lol... lets not get into that.

so0o.. any quick and painless way of accomplishing this? :book: :pc:

2. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

good question because I was thinkn the same thing..I have 2 pc's side by side
    that I want networked together I have them hooked into a router now.

3. Th3Skipper

Th3Skipper Well-Known Member

If you guys are both plugged into a router just enable file and print sharing and make sure your in the same workgroup O0

4. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

thanks I'll give it a shot.

5. Green Tea

awesomez
    i'll try it later :cheers:

6. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Turned on the file and print sharing and I still can't figure out how to bring up the other computer.

7. Green Tea

8. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I still couldn't figure it out the other way ::)

9. Bass

Bass Well-Known Member

Your machines probably arent in the same group. Right click My Computer, select properties, then click the Computer Name tab. Check to see what workgroup each machine is in. They both need to be in the same group for this to work. Once thats done, share out a folder on each machine. Then go to My Network Places and see if the folder shows up.