1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Animu

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, & The Arts' started by Private_Ale, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

Here's a very not-needed animoo thread, but I'll make it because reasons. It seems like Void is the only other one here who watches it, so let's see if this thread doesn't become a total flop. :p

What I've watched:
    • Cowboy Bebop
    • Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    • Angel Beats
    • Last Exile
    • Trinity Blood
    • Darker than Black
    • Speedgrapher
    • Black blood brothers
    • Blood+
    • Eden of the East
    • Fullmetal Alchemist
    • Trigun
    • Witchblade
    • Highschool of the dead
    • Desert Punk
    I'm fairly sure I'm leaving some out, but they escape me at the moment.

I liked most of them and by "like" I really mean they just managed to keep my attention. However some of them I really liked, a lot. Cowboy Bebop and GITS:SAC where the first two from the long-long ago. Last Exile I had a special kind of love for. It was very mechanically detailed and I LOVED IT. It really got my rocks off, I really enjoy when they put that much detail into the animation. The end was sad... Trinity Blood was kind of meh, but I did kind of start to like the main character and the end was really a surprise of me, it let me smiling. Darker than black was another one of my favorites, I can't say why, but I just really enjoyed it. The end was great, mixed bag of emotions. I totally dugg Trigun. I originally wasn't a fan of the art style, but it grew on me and I really got into it. Despite it's comical appearance and "wild west" setting, it took a very dark and interesting turn towards the end while maintaining humorous notes. I originally thought Witchblade would just be a smutty, non-realistic, massive-tit, japanese perv-fest.. but it really wasn't.. Yeah, it had a lot of sexually explicit themes and unrealistic boobies, but it was actually backed by an amazing story that was an emotional rollercoaster. The ending was fucking depressing, but I really enjoyed it. Highschool of the dead is not on my "favorites" list. I just wanted to note that this anime actually showed nipples and is just an explicit smut japanese perv-fest. Despite this it wasn't that bad and if you're OK with that kind of stuff you should give it a watch I thinks.

1368736609752.gif

So yeah, general animu thread.

2. Void

Void ZXC-79523

Still need to add to this ... :)

Wanted to take a picture of my comic book collection ... lol.

Something i've never been able to share with anyone who cares ... it's not huge ... but i quite like the ones i have ...

3. Private_Ale

Comic or manga? :p

4. Void

Void ZXC-79523

Mostly comic.

5. Void

Void ZXC-79523

... well graphic novel ... *cough* *cough*

6. Private_Ale

So Manga, gotcha. :D

7. Void

Void ZXC-79523

no ... graphic novel .. :D

lol.

Manga is Japanese. I have some Manga ... but not as much ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_novel

A graphic novel is a book made up of comics content. Although the word "novel" normally refers to long fictional works, the term "graphic novel" is applied broadly, and includes fiction, non-fiction, and anthologized work. It is distinguished from the term "comic book", which is used for comics periodicals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga

Manga (漫画?) are comics created in Japan, or by Japanese creators in the Japanese language, conforming to a style developed in Japan in the late 19th century.

i can't believe i haven't taken a picture yet .... lol.

will get to it hopefully tonight ...

Private_Ale likes this.
  8. Void

Void ZXC-79523

9. Private_Ale

10. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

I watched Heavy metal 2000 Last night.. pretty cool

11. Private_Ale

I really like Trigun. I think it's my new favorite one, just based on Vash. He's a really lovable character.

I'm watching it again.

12. Void

Void ZXC-79523

but ... but ..... PAAAAAAAAAAA ... we can share the geeky love ......

13. Private_Ale

My-Body-is-Ready-random-31574400-320-319.png

14. Rubicks

Rubicks Well-Known Member

that,is really scary

15. Afronaught

I Dunno... I'm a little turned on right now

16. Void

Void ZXC-79523

17. Private_Ale

Toaru Kagaku No Railgun S

ixsCumBUnXIEr.gif

:rage-gusta:

18. Void

Void ZXC-79523

death note
    death note
    death note
    death note
    death note
    death note
    death note
    death note
    death note

.... death note!

get it, watch it, love it .... i'm on ep. 16 ... it's been awesome so far ... really awesome ...

19. Afronaught

ive only seen the motion picture.. part 1 and 2

20. Void

Void ZXC-79523

21. Afronaught

22. Void

Void ZXC-79523

Bump for PA ...

:D

23. Private_Ale

I watched Death Note once or twice quite some time ago. I don't remember if I liked it.

24. Void

Void ZXC-79523

Well then watch it again and report back!

:rage-rage:

Private_Ale likes this.
  25. Private_Ale

Maaaan, Netfux removed Darker than Black. I wanted to watch it again for the 5th time. This isn't cool.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015