1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Animu

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, & The Arts' started by Private_Ale, Jun 12, 2013.

1. JooX

JooX Well-Known Member

HELLSING!

So, you guys watch this stuff and talk about it - huh. Okay...

Can I join in?
    :3

2. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

of course brah
    :kawaiismile:

3. Private_Ale

So apparently these are good. I need to find a place to watch them.

Naoki Urasawa's Monster
    5xgrRaW.jpg

Mirai Nikki
    nXG491Q.png

Shingeki no Kyojin
    zJvqgPW.jpg

Serial Experiments: Lain
    Serial.Experiments.Lain.full.263856.jpg

4. Private_Ale

Attack on Titan is on Netflix, but it's in wapanese with subtitles.

* Private_Ale is not weeaboo enough to watch subbed things

5. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

I tend to watch Anime in it's Original language, It just sounds better in Japanese.

6. Private_Ale

Well excuuuuuse me :p

I do personally find that Funimation does excellent dubs. They already licensed it, so hopefully I'll be seeing an english version soon. :D

7. JooX

JooX Well-Known Member

I finally caught the first ep of AoT. I think I will now gather it entirely and consume with relish.

I also like them in original Japanese but find I cant enjoy them when I work and want to watch. Can't stand to double up on shows so just get them dubbed when possible.

AND!!@!@E$!EDE I don't care what anyone thinks.. Imma just come out and say it.

I LIKE DRAGON BALL Z!

8. Private_Ale

I never watched Dragon Ball Z when it originally aired. It was always one of those things I just assumed I wouldn't like.

I do regret it, as now I've watched bits and pieces. I need to watch the entire series one day.

9. JooX

JooX Well-Known Member

VEGETA IS THE MAN!

It's one of the goofiest action packed comedy OTT ones I've seen. They really start to lean hard on the drawn out "drama build" with it though. I'm going to hunt a few side ones I missed but i'd say they are the same so bare it in mind once the Z gang start getting away from earth. Once you know the series though you can re-watch and skip most of the pointless drawn out parts. It's a shame they use this Japanese-centric anime tool as pure filler.. takes away from one of the things i really enjoy about Manga and Anime, the poignant moments, that are absent from most western "toons", that bring a full story to life. This trend of infusing poetic, artistic and deep story into what most consider just kids crap.
    Well - Z is closer to the latter but still far enough that I enjoy it for what it makes no effort to hide.. they know it's just good fun super happy violence time.
    Then you can go to Team Four Star on YouTube and watch their take with the Abridged Dragon Ball Z. (for the pure lulz)
    Be sure to watch the series first! You don't want to ruin your dinner.

The Castle of Cagliostro is a bloody good mix of both types. Fucking love this movie.
    I have copies of Akira and Ninja Scroll (recently the 20th anniversary release). I need to get Battle Angel Alita again. (it went walkies) These were the three that got me into Anime movies. Still hold up today IMHO.

Not long ago i was given the Full Metal Alchemist (one of the versions) and Soul Eater. Not finished Soul Eater yet, only two in, because it hasn't really grabbed me yet.
    Someone remind me about the Vampire one.. Vampire Hunter D? Mouth in his hand? Must find that again.

Too many that sound good and not enough time. (Modz please move to First World Problems thread) :p

10. Private_Ale

11. Private_Ale

Watched Trigun: Badlands the other day.

It was really good, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed with it's lack of continuation from the original series. :(

12. Private_Ale

I reached an all-time low.

I actually watched 2 hours of subbed Ghost in the Shell. Don't get me wrong, I love GITS.. always have. I just can't believe I actually sat though (and enjoyed) Japanese audio with English subs.

13. Afronaught

It's better like that

I watched Appleseed Alpha last night

14. Private_Ale

It's progressing. :(

Now I'm watching Attack on Titan in Wapanese with English subs. :(

It's so good, but I'm so bad. I love Sasha and Annie though.

1407275051061.jpg

15. Private_Ale

Oh! Death Note is on Netflix.

I don't remember if I like it.

16. Afronaught

I didnt like Deathnote..

I wached one and two.. both suck...

17. Private_Ale

Yeah, its meh at best.

I do like the god of death, but the main character is very annoying.

18. Private_Ale

Attack on Titan was really good!

I recommend it if you haven't seen it. It has a good amount of mechanical animation. The titans are very surreal.

19. Afronaught

There was one I watched not to long ago.. I forget the name.. now

Story was about Japan building a gigantic wall around itself and banning all outsiders from entering... Finally an agent infiltrates japan and discovers a whole race of Bio engineered people as a result of technology going overboard but their life spans are only a few years long, and there are no more humans left, and a revolution occurs... it's was actually quite good.

20. Private_Ale

Oh that sounds good!

21. Private_Ale

Okay, I finished Death Note minus the very last episode.

It was actually pretty decent. Most of the main cast was really annoying and nervy, but the side characters were really likable. As the show progressed everyone become kind of hated by me. However, the storyline remained very good, it was actually really well written.

I kind of spoiler'd myself and I refuse to watch the last episode now. I know how it ends, but I refuse to watch it end like "that". So I'd rather live in my little bubble of ignorance where I'll give benefit to doubt and assume the spoiler was wrong and it indeed ended as I was hoping.

It was good. All in all.

22. Private_Ale

Let me know if you every find the name of this. :)

23. Private_Ale

24. Afronaught

It's in My download List I'll check this evening

25. Private_Ale

I'm currently watching "Psycho-Pass". It's OK, but so far it really hasn't caught my attention.