1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

Abortion

Discussion in 'Social Issues' started by Taurino, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Taurino

Taurino Active Member

I have pondered and asked my self the answer, being philosophical about this subject I have come to the conclusion that unless it is a life threatening situation getting an abortion would mean that your mentality and decision to do so is a moronic and stupid decision and you have become unfit to procreate.

You may ask why I have come to this conclusion. I can assure you that choosing to keep the conceived, by Darwin standards, you have achieved your cause for the reason being alive thus you are now ahead of the gene race. Ultimately proving that with your decision that you are fit by Darwin standards.

2. smilemani

smilemani Well-Known Member

O0 amen.

3. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

IMHO
    Abortions should not be preformed except in the following cases...

The mother could die from complications during the pregnancy

A Victim of Rape or Incest

4. 211drinker

211drinker Lurker

What about the morning after pill?

5. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

I imagine that would be ok.
    At that point it's just an egg.

6. smilemani

It's cool! Because it prevents conspetion!
    I've had to have a girl use it before!

7. 211drinker

211drinker Lurker

So do you think abortions should be banned?

8. smilemani

Yes.

It's time to be responsible.
    Use protection or the morning After pile.

Or just keep it in if you don't want to risk becoming
    pregnant.

Rape and incest...
    It's up to the mother... But I don't see how it's
    the baby's fault.

9. 211drinker

211drinker Lurker

I disagree with you, but I see where you're coming from. Even if people were givin the burden of "being responsible" and your definition is make sure you don't get pregnant...historically when you take the choice of abortion away from women they find very unhealthy ways to do it. When abortions were made illegal in the U.S. in the early 1900's, women would go to mexico or even have untrained people give them abortions. I agree with the fact that abortion should never be a form of birth control. I just feel that if a girl is goal oriented, is in college, and is planning a future, she should have that option of not having to go through that 9 month hell that distracts her from her future. I know adoption is good and all, but if every girl put her unwanted child up for adoption the population of orphans would grow tremendously and I don't think we would be able to take care of all of them the right way.

10. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I'd have to agree with 211 on this one.Also, sometimes a pregnancy can cause a mother to be in jeopordy of her own life.
    I think it should be a Choice whether a woman wants an abortion..but anything considered Late Term should be illegal.

11. smilemani

I respect your views. But I differ.

I don't want to write another rebuttal, so I'll just copy and paste of a showdown I had with my friend Chistine.
    But all the anger was directed at her (she flashed her BA in my face and said some nasty things) non towards you!

"Clandestine clinic abortion" women die form legal abortions too. Even Dr. Bernard Nathanson Co-Founder of NARAL admits that all the numbers prior to Roe v Wade were exacerbated to legalize abortions. FACT: Before Roe v Wade, "90% of illegal abortions were performed by physicians in real clinics" Dr. Mary Calderon founder for SIECUS. FACT: Coat hangers, "There has never been any documented procedure before Roe v Wade." -U.S department of Vital Statistics. FACT When Poland restricted abortion, less women died due to pregnancy complications. -PPH. I have numbers and you have emotions. To make matters worse, my numbers come from the people that support abortion! How crazy is that! The point is, that when people don't have a choice to cop out, they protect themselves and abortion is no longer needed. So much for your "Education".

The orphan problem...

JS Bach
    Edgar Allen Poe
    Herbert Hoover
    Alexander Hamilton
    Steve McQueen
    John Hancook
    Andrew Jackson
    Aristotle
    George Washington Carver

Sorry... But I don't think life is disposable...

We wouldn't need abortions if it was illegal and
    people were educated better.

12. smilemani

most doctors don't agree with the "Mothers Life's in danger"
    How can a doctor choose who lives and who dies?

Everette Cooper, the surgeon general said that in his
    thirty years in medicine, he never once came upon a case
    were that was the case. He also stated that the argument
    is just a smoke screen to justify abortions.

More than 100 physicians interviewed including Abortionist Bernard Nathanson
    and Beverly McMillan agreed with that statement.

Pregnecy: Natural

Mechanical/Chemical Abortion: What do you think?

What sounds more Dangerous?

One disgusting fact.
    Ron Fitzsimmons admitted to lying when he stated
    that late term abortions were rare and used only in
    extreme cases... He confessed to performing partial birth
    or "Late term" on perfectly healthy "mothers" and babies.

13. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

[hide]http://www.killsometime.com/Pictures/Picture.asp?ID=711[/hide] :cool:

14. smilemani

HA HA!!! Fuck protection!
    If more people did that, then
    the world would be a better place!!!!

I know I won't change minds.

15. Taurino

Taurino Active Member

Abortion should NOT be a means of contraceptive.

If a woman gets an abortion because it jeopardizes her "career" or "life" then she isn't fit to procreate any further in the future.
    Getting an abortion with the excuse that it might burden you financially is quite a sorry excuse. Single mothers get plenty of help and more on top of child support paid by the father. It's quite sorry and pathetic of a woman that gets an abortion because of "financial" burdens.

If she did not want to go through that decision then she should have been on some type of contraceptive or kept her legs closed.

Enough said.

16. smilemani

It's like I'm the brains and you're the muscle in this thread!

17. Butterz

Butterz Well-Known Member

It's obvious that people have been using abortion as a means of birth control, which is ridiculous.

The bottom line is, it shouldn't be a 'choice', because the child who is being killed doesn't have a 'choice', so why should anyone else when he/she is the ultimate victim?

I doubt we'll ever see the abortion law reversed in our lifetime, but then again, everyone said the Red Sox would never win another world series and they've won two in the past four years. O0

I can understand the morning after pill in cases of rape, as long as it's the morning after and in cases of rape. I guess my main objection is that once the sperm fertilizes the egg, it's a human. The longer it's allowed to develop, the greater the trauma the child endures during the abortion.

Taurino, you got any pics of cats? lol

18. smilemani

I agree!!! Btw, I don't think we've met!

Welcome to the club! :welcome:

19. Butterz

Hey Smile...

I was known as Butterz at the 'other' site! lol

I was banned a short while ago, so here I is!

Are you over there?

(Rick, BTW)

20. smilemani

Oh hey what's up dude!
    I go back every once and awhile.
    But I really stop participating. Too much
    negative energy there. Anyway we don't talk
    about FC much here. Welcome Rick!

(mani, btw.)

21. Butterz

Thanks, mani.

And that's cool...understood! O0

22. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I don't think I've ever met you but I'm sure you've heard enough about me..
    It's all a crock of shit..Anyways yeah I'm on the Ban-Wagon also so feel
    free to do what you want here..

23. Butterz

hehe...I have heard a lot about you, you're kind of a folk hero over there. You and Hails are mentioned pretty often.

The people's who's opinion mattered to me all had good things to say about you, so no worries! People still bring your name up and wonder if/when you're going to be back. (I'm sure you'd hear good/bad about me too, depending on who you listen to.... O0)

Nice to meet ya!

24. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Nuthin bad...Yeah it woulda been a year for me on New Years..Oh well Yeah I didint get banned by a mod
    I got banned by the head shit for PMn people to check the site out..TGD had sumthn to do with it..

25. Butterz

Ahhhhahahaha...yeah, TGD and I don't see eye to eye...at all. lol

I got banned for making a mockery of him with my signature, then kept making up different usernames to mess with him, so I tacked on some extra time for that...it was SO worth it! Was a lot of fun....lmao

He told me to be careful here...says he has 'friends' in high places here...oooooooohhhhhh

I'll be a good boy! O0

It is pretty wild that you guys have this set up, this is nice. Seems to get decent traffic, too. (Sorry for the derail)