1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

Are you an Organ Donor

Discussion in 'Social Issues' started by Hails, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

I am its on my licence that when i cark it they have the permission to rip me apart :buck: O0

2. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

No..I'm going to be frozen in a block of ice.

3. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

Damn they dont do that here but i wished they did, i hear that cost thousands to do

4. Taurino

Taurino Active Member

Yeah I want to pay one hundred thousand dollars to be preserved in a block of ice inside a this capsule so that my body is completely preserved.

That later on in about hundreds of years to be brought back to life by advanced technology so that scientist and archaeologists from those times can ask me questions and be in awe of the knowledge acquired in these times.

Then I will be treated as a god.

Renown by people from all over the world at my vast knowledge of my time frame.

Then completely forgotten and left with nothing and become a future space bum and drink myself to death.

5. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

Am I an Organ Donor? Well, not right now. But when the time comes, I`m sure that they`ll find something still good.

The way I look at it is it`s kinda like a car. Used parts are fine, but what did the last guy do to them?

I guarantee ya, you dont want my liver. My kidneys are somewhat fucked, being a Type 2 diabetic (very, very mild still), most of everything is a mess or will be unless a bus flies into my office right now and takes me out here.

But, like old car parts, if they`re good to somebody, have at them. I`d still rather by new, but we`re years away from that.

6. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

My drivers license says I'm an organ donor O0

and I donate my organ to my honey as often as she lets me.
    [img width=60 height=33]http://storeimg.com/images.php/i689_over18.gif[/img]

7. smilemani

smilemani Well-Known Member

OH FOR SURE!!! I had an old Yamaha that
    I didn't play anymore and I gave it to the goodwill.

8. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Yes,
    They can take my processor and motherboard, but the hard drive is MINE! :pc:

-Bob

9. StuPot

StuPot Blah blah blah

I think you should be able to set conditions. You'll of heard about ian huntly, right? Well anyway, he's tried killing himself twice by taking an overdose of some sort of pills and now his kidneys are fucked, He's turned yellow apparently. Imagine if you donate your organs, only for a sick fucker like him to get them? :mad:

10. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I was watching this show where people would sell their body parts etc. and apparently there
    are body parts being stolen form you in the third World Countries...Sick!

11. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

yea dont donate to them fuckers, there should be a written agreement not to donate to them lmfao

12. Raidenator

Raidenator Lurker

I am a donor but I'm reconsidering.

Apparently in the U.S. when you die and have your organs taken, the family of the deceased has to pay for the 'surgery' to have them removed.

So my family would be paying (thousands?) of dollars to let someone else have my organs. That's ridiculous and pending that being the actual case, I say fuck it.

13. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Then thousands to get buried.. ::)

14. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

Thats incorrect, the donors family does not pay for it.
    The cost is spread out amongst the recipients.
    If the donors family had too pay,
    there would be very few, if any, transplants.

15. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

Chalk one up for Canada!

Ooops, wrong room!

Oh, what the hell.

Sweet Universal Health Care!

16. Th3Skipper

Th3Skipper Well-Known Member

LMAO!!! O0

17. Butterz

Butterz Well-Known Member

An online friend of mine from another forum just suffered the death of his mother. He posted that his mother was an organ donor. As a result, something was sparked inside of me to be an organ donor, also. (My mother was an organ donor, but I was always too weirded out about my body being carved up after I die.)

So, after Christmas, I'm going down to the DMV and have them change my license to 'Organ Donor'. O0

He lives in another country, so I consider this 'my way' of showing him my condolences and keeping his mother's memory alive.

18. Butterz

There actually are conditions. Alcoholics, drug addicts and other forms of self abuse automatically place that person below other recipients on the 'waiting list' who suffer from illness/disease not of their fault.

So, if a liver becomes available, and a heroin addict and a diabetic are both a match for this liver, the diabetic will automatically get the liver. IF the liver is only a match for the heroin addict, then he/she will get it.

Obviously there are other factors in play here, too...location of donor/recipient, availability of doctor to perform transplant, etc.

19. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

this kid at work had a liver transplant..he's sick all the time..

20. Butterz

Yeah, organ rejection is a common problem with transplant recipients. Plus, the poor kids immune system is probably totally fucked. That's sad.

21. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Yeah it sucks for us because we are shorthanded and he leaves early when clean up time comes. :(
    Thats ok by covering his shift I was getting Xmas tips left and right ;)

22. Scrappy

Scrappy Well-Known Member

I'd like to donate my organ to that hottay Hails. ^-^ :cool:

23. HeyBuddy

HeyBuddy Well-Known Member

I'm a donor. What good are those parts to me when I'm gone?

24. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

She's wayyy outta your league,
    Little League.
    Keep eating them Flintstones Chewables.

BTW Scrappy,
    where's the rest of those pics
    of that Hot MILF Mom of yours??

25. Butterz

...what's up? someone say MILF?...*looks around*