1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Cooking oils

Discussion in 'Foods, Drinks, & Cooking' started by smilemani, Oct 16, 2013.

1. smilemani

smilemani Well-Known Member

I bought some peanut oil, and I really like it! I use olive oil for almost everything. What kind of oil do you like to use and why?

2. cymru am byth

cymru am byth twll dîn pob sais

I usually use rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, light olive oil or clarified butter to cook, seasame oil to finish Chinese dishes, extra virgin olive oil as a salad oil and in dressings and I've recently started using cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and find it better than extra virgin olive oil in some cases, and it's produced locally. Walnut oil in some salad dressing too, my girlfriend got nuts about all the different bottles of oils and vinegars in the kitchen, lol.

jundies likes this.
  3. jundies

jundies Well-Known Member

Mmmm men that cook are sexy

cymru am byth likes this.
  4. Rubicks

Rubicks Well-Known Member

Mani must cook a lot then

5. smilemani

smilemani Well-Known Member

Damn skippy!

But for deep fried goodness... Can't go wrong with canola oil!

Mexican dishes get corn oil.

I tried Wesson vegetable oil for frying and I didn't like it.

one thing I want to try is avocado oil, I heard its great stuff!!! Has anyone tried it?

6. cymru am byth

Canola oil is known as rapeseed oil here. I've used avocado oil in salads and it's pretty good.

7. BIG Ozzie

BIG Ozzie R.I.P.

I feel that the Peanut Oil is better for the large outside Turkey and Fish Fryers. It is readily available in 3 to 5 gal. sizes and has the high burn (smoke) temperature needed to sear the flesh properly. Sometimes I use Safflower or Canola when in the house.

8. cymru am byth

Extra virgin olive and rapeseed oils are also good massage oils unless you want to use them as a "carrier" oil for an aromatic, then grape seed oil is the best

9. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

LOL The secret life of Cymru... Cook by day, masseur by night. :D

cymru am byth likes this.