1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Beef, it's what's for dinner.

Discussion in 'Foods, Drinks, & Cooking' started by smilemani, Oct 18, 2013.

1. smilemani

smilemani Well-Known Member

I love red meat.... My absolute favorite is this...

whole tritip steak from sam's club.
    Cut into inch thick slices
    make sure you cut across the meat fibers
    get sea salt, black pepper, little garlic powder and little turmeric
    don't sprinkle!!! Rub it into the meat.

grilling time!

No propane! No briquettes! Mesquite charcoal.

make a normal side and a hot side. I like to cook some medium and some very well, almost burnt a bit. Close that smoker hood and rock it.

Take them out and let them sit in covered stainless steel bowl for about three minutes.
    don't need a1. Don't need BBQ sauce. Just a knife and if you're feeling fancy, a fork.

I can also make a killer ribeye. Tender, medium rare, using the same ingredients.

Tell me, how do you like it? What cut? Pan fired? Grilled? Oven broiled? Spices?

2. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

T-Bone Steak

must be at least an inch thick...

Marinade, is a home made blend of Apricot Chutney, Streak Sauce and red wine, coarse sea salt and black pepper.

Place steaks in marinade and Leave for 48 hours.

cooking: 2 ways of doing it.

preferred method... Grilled on a Wood burning Fire. Fire must be hot... grill for 45 seconds on either side and it's done.

method 2:
    Pan fried... Pan must be red hot beforehand... seer both sides and cook for a minute. and done.

3. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

In the form of burgers, cheese steak, or roast beef.

I'm a cheap date.