1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

DMT

Discussion in 'Foods, Drinks, & Cooking' started by smilemani, Oct 21, 2013.

1. smilemani

smilemani Well-Known Member

I'm a huge joe rogan fan. I became a fan when I heard him on a local radio station. Didn't know about fear factor and didn't know about UFC. So his comedy is awesome. But one of the things he talks about is psychedelics. Now, I've smoked weed and accidentally ate peyote in Mexico. Both I think are safe to consume. Now he has talked about dmt. I've never done it.. Has anyone here tried it? What's it like? Is it safe? Or what do you know about it?

2. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

Never tried DMT, but now I'm interested too. Closest I've got was Salvia and apparently they are very similar.

Always consult with Erowid: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml

Regardless, I would take an initial small dose if you do it. Psychedelics are no joke.

3. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

Some fun things I've found;

4. phyuckew

phyuckew she "pwetty"

In 1978 at the height of my "experimentation" I ran across some. Allow me to elaborate:

Back then you could "treat" marijuana with chemicals for a different type of high. There is "angel dust". No explanation necessary. There is THC-based pot. This produces the effects as if you smoke one joint you think you've chain-smoked ten. A very intense high. Today's genetically engineered pot is close enough with THC % just about what that was 35 years ago.

Then there was DMT laced pot. You definitely "trip" but unlike anything on the planet. One time we chose up sides and played "army" in the woods...with real guns and ammo. The objective was not to hit anybody but shoot close to them to scare them. Luckily nobody got hurt...bad. For Christmas that year I went out and cut down my own tree. The guy that took me out there watched as I cut down a nice tree. Since I cut it down I had to drag it back to the car where I strapped it on the top and drove 25 miles back home. My wife thought I was nuts but helped decorate it as I went to sleep it off. When I woke up I walked in the living room to see the most beautiful decorated tree ever. Course there were a few problems. It was a real tree...all 9 1/2 feet of it (the ceiling was 9 feet) and about 6 1/2 feet wide. Kinda took up alot of room in the apartment. I don't even remember driving home.

There were many more escapades like that. It only was around for a year. Would I do it again? Hell no. There is no doubt in my mind that was one of the most dangerous drugs I've ever smoked in my life. I never had a bad trip but I witnessed people that did. Extremely unpleasant which generally ended up in a trip to the hospital.
    One joint, a four-five hour trip and some of the best trips ever. Y'see, I was a "happy tripper".

Private_Ale likes this.
  5. Butterz

Butterz Well-Known Member

Manny, are you considering trying this out? I'm only asking, because the older I get the more I realize I'll probably never trip again. I honestly think I have a better chance of trying heroin than doing LSD or any of the crazy stuff that's becoming popular today. While I don't envision myself ever trying heroin, it's the only drug that I've never done that I still have a curiosity about. Everything else I was curious about, I've tried.

I've personally never heard of DMT before. We had LSD, microdots and 'shrooms when I was a kid. (Even the 'LSD' we had was often nothing more than strychnine, or rat poison...once your jaw started chewing and grinding, you knew you didn't drop 'real' LSD.)

Phycukew, my understanding was LSD was much stronger than what you get today, where marijuana was much weaker than what you get today. LSD was made at Berkley up until it becoming illegal, and after that, Owsley Stanley kept a very clean supply of it in production on his own. (I think the Breaking Bad character 'Walter White' may have been very loosely based on Owsley, in the respect that he made such a superior form of the drug compared to everyone else.)

Anyhoo, I'm curious. Keep the updates coming, if any....and DEFINITELY stay in the mild range, dude...trips are supposed to be fun or spiritual, going completely insane for ten minutes is just retarded, in my opinion.

6. phyuckew

phyuckew she "pwetty"

LSD. There is no other drug nor will there ever be anything like LSD.

Butterz, correct, there is no jitters in pure LSD. On a sugar cube, you ingest it. About 20 minutes later "bang" you're on your way. Nirvana. After about 8 hours "bang" you are suddenly normal. No hangover. Inside of them 8 hours is "enhancement". All of your sense are suddenly heightened. Thoughts are very abstract. Later it was placed in pills but with that there was no telling what you got (not FDA approved).

For more reading on it LSD-My Problem Child.

Earlier I used to have a signature that said "Bicycle Day April 19th", now you know what it means.

I'm a survivor, my days of tripping are over. My days of drugs are over, even pot (I could care less if someone else does them and find absolutely nothing wrong with pot/hashish) except those prescribed to me by my doctors.

Private_Ale likes this.