1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

Hoax or Not

Discussion in 'Social Issues' started by Hails, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

I think the dude was a total fuck for doing what he did :bat:

Get what ya deserve boy :idiot:

LAPD 'pulled out all stops' over online threat

Posted Sat Dec 8, 2007 5:18pm AEDT

* Map: Frankston 3199

Los Angeles police say they spent over $100,000 responding to an online threat on a shopping centre which was traced to a Melbourne computer.

LA police alerted Victorian police to a message posted on a website, which said there would be a shooting attack at the Grove shopping complex.

A 20-year-old man from Frankston was detained and questioned yesterday, and has been released without charge, with investigations still continuing.

Deputy chief Michael Downing from the LAPD says the message was posted soon after after eight people were shot dead in a mall in Nebraska.

"We pulled out all the stops," he said.

"We deployed nearly 100 officers in high visibility uniform assignments and plain clothes assignments.

"All the other malls around - they were on a heightened alert as well."

"Until which time we were absolutely sure it was this individual who had no operational capability, and had never been to the United States, that was it.

"We expended approximately a little bit over $100,000 on this case in the past 30 hours or so."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/12/08/2113473.htm?section=australia

2. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

His been arrested now ::)

Net shooting threat: Australian man held

AN AUSTRALIAN has been arrested in Melbourne for allegedly posting a threat on the internet warning that a shooting would occur at a shopping centre in the US.

Victorian police arrested the man, identified by authorities in Los Angeles, as Jarrad Willis, 20, on Friday night.

Willis allegedly wrote on the internet that the attack would happen on Friday at The Grove mall near Beverly Hills.

Deputy chief of the Los Angeles Police Department's Counter-Terrorism and Criminal Intelligence Bureau, Michael Downing, said the warning was posted on 4chan.org, an image-based bulletin board featuring adult content and blog comments.

The posting featured a picture of a man holding a shotgun in a gun shop, Chief Downing said. "He says: 'I am going to shoot and kill as many people as I can until which time I am incapacitated or killed by the police.' "

The LAPD contacted Australian police, who tracked the location of the computer allegedly used for the threat.

Chief Downing said there was no indication Willis, who has never been to the US, had any way of carrying out the threat, which came after Wednesday's mall shooting in Omaha, Nebraska, that left eight shoppers and the gunman dead.

A man was being questioned yesterday.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/ne...ralian-man-held/2007/12/08/1196813079398.html

3. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

4. smilemani

smilemani Well-Known Member

No pity for that pisswit.

5. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

Ditto to both