1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Father says killed daughter in Canadian hijab case

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Bob, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

2. MaurD

MaurD Lurker

Re: Father says killed daughter in Canadian hijab case

terrible.. :125:

3. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

I don't understand how a man can kill his own child
    over clothing

4. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

Problem is, some of these immigrants think that things work over here just like they did where they came from.

The death of the girl is sad, and the fact that the father felt it necessary to punish her in such a way is absolutely retarded.

If she gave in to her father and wore the head dressing to school, chances are she would have faced ridicule and harm there, too.

I am not a religious man, and firmly believe (that in a publicly funded school system) religion has absolutely NO place in it. But people of all faiths and creeds should be able to express their beliefs and practices in whichever way that is (legally) possible, whether it be at school, at work or at home, in Canada, a free country.

Personally, I believe it is time (actually, long past due) to start more secure screening methods at immigration to make sure we keep the crack pots out.