1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Fudge

Discussion in 'Foods, Drinks, & Cooking' started by Private_Ale, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

Has anyone ever made fudge? (Afro go away ;))

I'm thinking about trying to make a pan of fudge this weekend. Hard fudge, not that gooey stuff you find on cakes.

2. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

* Afronaught giggles

3. Rubicks

Rubicks Well-Known Member

* Rubicks gets two chairs and popcorn and invites Afro to sit and watch

4. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

* Afronaught Likes the Idea of PA packing dome fudge.. Pulls up chair for the show, and takes some Popcorn from Rubicks

5. phyuckew

phyuckew she "pwetty"

6. phyuckew

phyuckew she "pwetty"

I finally made a dish of fudge. I haven't cut it yet (I'll do that tomorrow). It taste like fudge. I even put some walnuts in it. I have enough to make one more batch so I figure I'll check the recipe book and see if I have enough around here to make another kind. I'm doing this without the use of "bake" on my oven but with a microwave.

*looks about that flavor too

Private_Ale likes this.
  7. Private_Ale

Awesome. :D

8. Private_Ale

Today I will make Russian Fudge.

9. Private_Ale

I think I may be experiencing sugar shock.

10. Private_Ale

Two tins of Russian Fudge.

ForumRunner_20150120_191741.png

11. phyuckew

phyuckew she "pwetty"

What are you gonna do with two tins of Russian fudge? Going to a PTA meeting?

How did they turn out?

12. Private_Ale

Eat them I guess.

They're good. Extremely sweet. Can't eat more than one too often.

13. phyuckew

phyuckew she "pwetty"

When I made mine (just plain fudge) I ended up making a second tray the next week. I ate that one by myself too.

14. Private_Ale

It's a lot better today. :)

I guess I should have waited. Good thing I still have an untouched tin of it.

15. Private_Ale

I want to make fudge again, but this time replace the Vanilla extract with Mint extract and mix in some chocolate chips.

omg :D

16. phyuckew

phyuckew she "pwetty"

I'm gonna make another batch of "microwave fudge" very soon. This time I am going to toss in a cup of caramel with the fudge and see how that turns out. Along with more walnuts.