1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

Latest News

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Private_Ale, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

This thread will serve as "mini" announcements that I do not feel need an separate thread.

As such, things posted here are things that I have recently touched and want you to be aware of. :up:

2. Private_Ale

BeerCandle now rates A+ on SSL Labs' stress test!

screenshot.931.png

3. Private_Ale

Permissions have been refined. Thanks to this, Mature Content is now Opt-in again with the default to fully exclude it's existence.

You may read the full READ-ME here: Mature Content Opt-in

4. Private_Ale

BeerCandle has been submitted, accepted, and included into the Chromium HSTS preload list.

The HSTS Preload list is a list of sites that are hardcoded into major browsers as being HTTPS only. The list is currently used by Google Chrome, Chromium, Firefox, Opera, and future Internet Explorer.

What this means is that you're guaranteed to always and only connect to BeerCandle in a secure and encrypted fashion, never over insecure HTTP, not even when using a new computer or browser.

Once again BeerCandle is one of the more proactive sites when it comes to privacy and security, surpassing even many banking websites. :cat:

Discussion: Latest News: Discussion, Questions, Comments

screenshot.1424903853.png

You can read more about the list and HSTS at these links:

5. Private_Ale

jundies likes this.
  6. Private_Ale

Attachments inserted as thumbnails now have a maximum height or width of 180px, up from 100px.

In addition, any previously uploaded attachments that were animated will now also have animated thumbnails.

7. Private_Ale

A UK locale is now available in both 12 and 24 hour time.

8. Private_Ale

BeerCandle will be unavailable due to maintenance sometime this weekend.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  9. Private_Ale

OK this is done now.

Things have been touched. I'll touch more things at a later date.

Please let me know if something doesn't work right, or if you experience any errors: Site Help, Feedback, & Discussion

10. Private_Ale

Sometime next week the forum will turn off again, with it being offline for a little while as well.

Much like last time, it'll go down when I have free time, rather than a set date. The only guaranteed thing is it will happen next week, sometime between Sunday and Saturday.

11. Private_Ale

OK, this is done. A few things have been touched, mainly permissions. If you are lacking permission that you had before, please do let me know.

Afronaught likes this.
  12. Private_Ale

BeerCandle will be moving soon!

I've noticed that we've been steadily getting slower and it's probably no doubt related to the location we're in. In the coming weeks I'll update further as it becomes closer to a reality. :)

13. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

Dutch Servers are High on Weed :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.