1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Windows 10 General

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Private_Ale, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

2. Private_Ale

https://edri.org/microsofts-new-small-print-how-your-personal-data-abused/

>Summing up these 45 pages, one can say that Microsoft basically grants itself very broad rights to collect everything you do, say and write with and on your devices in order to sell more targeted advertising or to sell your data to third parties. The company appears to be granting itself the right to share your data either with your consent “or as necessary”.

3. Private_Ale

4. Private_Ale

[​IMG]

5. Private_Ale

6. Private_Ale

7. Private_Ale

If you downgrade to Windows 10 from 7 or 8, you have a one month grace period to upgrade back to Windows 7 or 8.

That's actually pretty nice. Probably the nicest feature. I don't recall previous versions allowing that.

So, if you're eager to try Windows 10 and aren't bothered by the privacy issues, take peace in knowing there is a way to reverse it if it does not work out for you. :)

8. Private_Ale

Some czech guy made a cool analysis of whats happening in Win10

http://aeronet.cz/news/analyza-wind...rmaci-o-uzivateli-jeho-prstech-ocich-a-hlasu/

Key points:

-It sends all text you type anywhere (not just into search) every 30 minutes to MS. If you type about a holiday to your blog, next day youll see holiday ads.

- every 30 minutes it sends your geolocation and network info

-if you type a telephone number into Edge it sends it to MS after 5 min

-if you type anywhere in windows a name of some movie, windows will start indexing all your media files after a while and will send it to MS after 30 minutes of your inactivity

-after installing W10, it will send about 35MB of data once

-after turning on your webcam for the first time it sends data to microsoft once. Probably your photo.

-everything you say is transferred to MS, it works even if you disable and remove and uninstall cortana. Parts of Cortana are needed for the core of the OS to run. Confirmed by MS helpdesk. You can be identified by your voice anywhere near a microphone after they get enough data from you.

-Voice to text is transferred instantly

-voice is transferred every 15 min, 80MB of data

-after 15 minutes of your inactivity or when screensaver is on, network activity ramps up and everything else is being sent to MS

-blocking in hosts doesnt work, IPs are hardcoded into their code and DLLs

9. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

Fuck?

Seriously... I dont fucking like this

10. Private_Ale

11. Afronaught

So Microsoft is the new Pirate Police?

Fuck them

12. Private_Ale

I want to know what "bootleg hardware" is.

I mean, if they consider the cheapo knock-off chinese USB devices you can buy everywhere, I think Microsoft is going to have a bad time.

13. Private_Ale

It's also considering how great they are at keeping their own licenses in check. I've already had one of my licenses randomly come up as "non-genuine" until I rebooted.

14. Private_Ale

https://boingboing.net/2015/08/10/windows-10.html

>This weekend we upgraded my 14-year-old son’s laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Today I got a creepy-ass email from Microsoft titled “Weekly activity report for [my kid]”, including which websites he’s visited, how many hours per day he’s used it, and how many minutes he used each of his favorite apps.

>I don’t want this. I have no desire to spy on my boy. I fixed it by going into my Microsoft account’s website, hitting the “Family” section, then turning off “Email weekly reports to me” and “Activity reporting”.

15. Johnny Panachai

Johnny Panachai Cap'n Stank

Jared must have upgraded to Windows 10 . . .

Private_Ale likes this.
  16. Private_Ale

There was actually a big 4chan thread about that, lol. Jared had posted on Twitter that he upgraded to Windows 10 and was loving it and shortly after he was arrested.

/pol/ was right again.

17. Rubicks

Rubicks Well-Known Member

18. Afronaught

I guess 1984 sould be 2015?

19. Rubicks

Rubicks Well-Known Member

give Orwell his due,he only got the year wrong

20. Afronaught

The Problem is, Most people are not even Concerned about this...

There should be Mass Fucking Protests in front of the Microsoft Ofices

21. Private_Ale

But it includes candy crush! Microsoft is so kewl and hip :^)

22. Afronaught

HAHA!!

I've never Played Candy Crush... Never... and No one can prove I ever did...

I do Play Bejewled alot though.. but on android :D

23. Private_Ale

I have to admit I enjoy angry birds on my Windows phone. It's even ad-free unlike the Android version.

Oddly enough it doesn't seem available on Windows 10, even though it has the "all devices" icon next to it in the store on the phone.

24. Private_Ale

I tried candy crush on my phone. It's fun, but it's also extreme bullshit. Some boards are impossible to complete within the allotted move, and if you "fail" 5 times you either have to wait 30 minutes, attach your Facebook and ask a friend, or just straight up pay for more.

No thanks.

25. Afronaught

Now You know why I prefer bejewled to Candy Crush