1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Dad sells son's $90 video game for more than $9000

Discussion in 'Gaming & Simulations' started by Hails, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

Dunno if this goes in here but anyway Wow, LOL

Dad sells son's $90 video game for more than $9000

Posted 2 hours 4 minutes ago

After catching his 15-year-old smoking pot, a father sold the hard-to-get Guitar Hero III video game he bought his son for $US90 for Christmas at an online auction, fetching $US9,000.

The sale took place after the father spent two weeks searching for the video game for the Nintendo Wii gameboard.

"So I was so relieved in that I had finally got the Holy Grail of Christmas presents pretty much just in the nick of time. I couldn't wait to spread the jubilance to my son," the father wrote on the eBay website.

"Then, yesterday, I came home from work early and what do I find? My innocent little boy smoking pot in the backyard with two of his delinquent friends."

The man, a school teacher who kept his identity private, said he sold the coveted video game to punish his son and discourage him from smoking dope.

The sale was a boon for the family's bank account, since the game the father purchased for $US90 ($103) finally sold to an Australian who plunked down $US9,100 ($10,434) for it.

The naughty son, however, will not go without a present on Christmas.

"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo. Maybe something like Barbie as the Island Princess or Dancing with the Stars ... I know he will just love them," the father said, tongue-in-cheek.

- AFP

Tags: drugs-and-substance-abuse, human-interest, offbeat, computers-and-technology, canada

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/12/16/2120120.htm

2. 211drinker

211drinker Lurker

He should just give him some of the 9000 instead so he can buy more bud

3. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

LOL thats funny, lmfao :Lmao: :Lmao: :Lmao:

4. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I'll sell mine for half that price..Any takers?

5. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

Fuck that. I got GHIII and a Wii, and I'll sell 'em both for $1000. Plus shipping. That's $8000 off the regular price!! Call now and claim your free Wii!

6. HeyBuddy

HeyBuddy Well-Known Member

;D I love it when parents get creative with their punishments. When I was growing up, a friend of mine got his ears pierced at the age of 13, after being told the he couldn't by his parents. Doing it just before Christmas, was a terrible idea. He got panty hose, a dress and nail polish on Christmas day.

7. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Lmao..Me n all my friends got the brite idea to pierce our own ears
    at 13..My old man almost disowned me.. ;D

8. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

When I got my ears pierced, my father introduced me to his business partners as ``Wendy`` for at least two weeks.

``Nice to see you again, Phil. Do you remember my oldest, Wendy?``
    and then
    ``Oh, of course. You`ve definitely grown up, Wendy!``

I let the fucking things grow in pretty quickly.