1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Good bye to an old friend

Discussion in 'Gaming & Simulations' started by Private_Ale, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

A close friend of mine had mentioned to me how he started trying to game on his Macbook (lol), but was met with a lot of problems (intel integrated graphics).

I felt bad, but also happy that he was at least trying. So, I decided to "lend" him my old PC that I was previously using as a table. I figured it was literally going to waste being a table when it's a fully functional and fairly modern system. So I cleaned it up, freshly installed Windows, and let him use/have it.

He seems really happy. His favorite game right now is Elder Scrolls Online, though he's also getting into DOTA (lol @Void).

So one less thing on my floor and now I sent my dear friend on a dangerous path of known as PC gaming. I have a feeling he's going to really go over the top within the year and turn it into a hobby.

Final pics of the system before it left:

WP_20160324_12_06_02_Pro.jpg WP_20160324_12_06_14_Pro.jpg WP_20160324_12_06_28_Pro.jpg

jundies likes this.
  2. Private_Ale

Specs are: (IIRC)
    • Gigabyte 990FX UD3 motherboard
    • AMD FX-6300 (OC boost to 4.2GHz)
    • 8gb 1600MHz G.Skill Ram
    • 2gb PNY Nvidia GTX 760
    • 500gb Seagate Barracuda
    • eBay Kentek 750w PSU (housefire edition)

3. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

You Know PA... You really have a heart of Gold Mate :)

Private_Ale likes this.
  4. Rubicks

Rubicks Well-Known Member

i have to agree with Afro,you are a good friend to have

Private_Ale likes this.
  5. Private_Ale

I might be a bad influence. :D Dude was literally up all night. :p

screenshot.71.png

6. Void

Void ZXC-79523

Look how neat it still is!

Tell him to say no to dota ... and choose life ...... :oops:

7. Private_Ale

You're alive!!!

Play ESO with me. :D

8. Void

Void ZXC-79523

hehe .... sounds like a plan!

I'm little loaded doing OSCP at the moment. Let me find my feet ..... and i'll break away from dota for a while.

Learning curve at work has been so steep, i've been drowning a bit ... it's had a serious impact on my gaming and other activities ... lol.

Private_Ale likes this.
  9. Private_Ale

When are you moving to NY bud? :D

Good to hear you're still ticking. Feel free to message me on telegram whenever. :)