1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Rust

Discussion in 'Gaming & Simulations' started by Johnny Panachai, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Johnny Panachai

Johnny Panachai Cap'n Stank

Ok, So I am at level 12 in this phucking game.

I had an hour to burn and thought, "Why don't I grab my stuff and run over to where I know there is a smelter and make some sulfer so that I, in return, can make my own smelter"

I log on - No one is in the game! I'm thinking wow! Just me and nature! I grab almost the entire bulk of my sulfer ore, since I have no idea how much raw it takes to make each unit of finished product and ditto with my wood, since I don't know how much, or how long, this will take.

I grab a stone hatched, stone spear and yes my bow and all 29 of my arrows as well.

I head out and the first thing I see is a wild hog. I kill it in two shots. I am able to retrieve one of my arrows and process the carcass with my stone hatchet. I'm thinking "Boy will P_A be proud of what I have done before he gets here!"

I then proceed on my way, a bit cocky now and I am looking for one of the two wild horses, after all, they would mean more meat, bone and hide!

I stumble upon a wolf and don't get my shot off . . . Lost everything.

I spent the rest of the remainder of my burnable hour: looking for my corpse, which had already vanished, I guess since no one else was one line and therefore the server was empty. Gathering some edibles from small crates, making a replacement bow and some arrows, then bolstered up my floors from straw to wood.

I have enough cloth to make another sleeping bag for Momo and I think another bow as well.

We will just have to run around without clothes for a while.

Fuck you, random wolf.

2. Johnny Panachai

Got it done . . .

At least the smelting of the sulfer ore . . . I don't have any stone, but I do have a primitive pick axe in storage and ready to go when I return. Getting stone isn't a problem, I just wanted to make it home with the package that took time and required a bit of trespassing.

Stone gathering will be rather enjoyable.

I also made a second bow and have 30 arrows to split between the two, which I have done for now. I have killed deer and a hog with one clean shot. I believe Bear take 4 good shots, so we will want to take a minimum of 30 arrows each on long forages. Once I gather enough stone to make a furnace and fortify the roof, then I will gather more for more arrows, if I don't have enough for them already.

I will want to make more clothing and at least two more bows, in case we get killed before we can store them.

The clothing isn't that important for clothing sake, but I believe we need some type of cloth on under any armor.

I want to kill a horse now.

Later... I work 4p-12a today

3. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

I'll be on this weekend. I'm still recovering from yesterday's shenanigans. :D

Text me on my phone so I can get your number. :D

4. jundies

jundies Well-Known Member

5. Johnny Panachai

Furnace has been built! Turns out the low grade fuel was made with cloth and animal fat, of which I had just enough to make one small furnace. I then smelted sulfur ore and metal ore.

I then went foraging and got some wood and a bit of stone, looked for an animal to kill, but only one was found. A buck, I killed and harvested him.

I dropped that off and went back out, I shot a barrel with my arrow and boom! there was a crossbow inside! Jackpot, so I thought ...

I then went down into some train tunnels and found a few things and then stumbled upon a freshly downed player . . . I looted that mofo like a native Chicagoan.

He had 63 jars of low grade fuel, Blueprints, a tommy gun with 7 rounds, pants, green t-shirt, bandanna, gloves and rubber boots. (he had a hat as well, but I dropped it or missed it in my haste.) He had a bow, a stone hatchet and a few other items, including a can of beans. I left him my stone hatchet, since it had less life.

Then I back tracked so I wouldn't run in to whatever downed him or the re-spawned him, looking for well, himself.

Anyway, my new large container is now full along with all of my smaller ones. We are running out of room. I believe he had a set of storage shelves, but I didn't even consider them, until I had logged off.

This will be a blast with multi players, moving silently or at least communicating through something besides the game.

Not ready to raid. Don't really want to do that in this server, plus I have no idea how to make C4 in this game just yet. (this will peak Afro's interest!)

We may have to move base camps. Or at least build a second place and keep this as a fall back location.

Did I mention I have a remote sleeping bag and two or three buried stashes around it? (sleeping bags are where you have set re-spawn locations vs. the random re-spawnings ...)

I have enough cloth for a fourth bag . . . But I may need to harvest wood, which is fairly quick.

In order not to scream "camp close by" I actually travel a decent distance and strip trees from locations away from my camp. I don't want the tell tale bare patches around me, thank you very much. My building is built between to large rocks, so it doesn't stick out in the distance.

Oh he had a programmable door lock I looted as well. I am just not sure if the code has been set or not. I assume it is set after it is placed upon the door.

This would eliminate the need to make extra keys and always having to remember to put my key back before leaving the game.

6. Private_Ale

I was playing a little bit this morning, I'm currently sleeping at the bottom of a horizontal red pipe at the nuclear plant.

Assuming no one has killed or looted me yet, you can take whatever you need. :)

7. Johnny Panachai

Yeah, the guys on there said the Power plant was theirs . . .

U mai be ded.

Look for the ball looking structure, I guess it was a water tower, but not tall. That is close to me. if you wake and have a sleeping bag, take it with you and head toward the ball. I can also find you if you are near the lighthouse, but there is a lot of stuff built up around that as well. May climb up high on a rock formation or down low under an overhang as shelter.

Some of the red pipes are big enough to be crawled inside.

I will be back on for a little while tonight/early morning actually.

8. Private_Ale

I was playing a little bit more, I started building a house. :)

20161001153840_1.jpg 20161001165624_1.jpg 20161001163209_1.jpg 20161001174954_1.jpg

I'm going to look for you the next time I'm on. I haven't come across a ball water tower or lighthouse yet. I'll roam the coast until I find a light house.

I don't have a problem abandoning my current structure.

9. Private_Ale

OK, I'm going to abandon my house and try to make my way to your house. I think I'll leave some things in my house just so if I don't survive the journey I don't lose everything. :p

10. Private_Ale

I lost all of my supplies after two bear attacks. :(

But I found the lighthouse and the ball shaped water tower. Now just to find you. :)

11. Private_Ale

I found you JBB!! :D My new house is down the mountain from you, right on the lake.

12. Private_Ale

Two naked black women were trying to get into my cabin :scared:

13. Private_Ale

Welp...

14. Private_Ale

I really regret taking that second lock off my door.

15. Private_Ale

These guys, they LITERALLY WAITED AN HOUR for me to come out of my cabin.

I think they even somehow managed to get a pig outside to lure me out.

I go outside to get this pig, and WHAM. I'm hit with a spear. For some reason, when I'm bleeding out they help me up. I try to run into my house and they get in too.

16. Private_Ale

So it turns out they left me stuff and a note. Lol.

Unexpected, but it's always appreciated when you're not raided.

Thanks a lot for that, mystery natives.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  17. Johnny Panachai

I was raided at somepoint while I vwas offline.

The one woodem wall I had, they found and breached. Took allif my scrap metal and metal ore, my crude oil, my tommy gun and the metal door lock with combo.

Ugh.

I think about miving, but I also know it is a good spot for resources and was secluded and unknown for a while.

So do we make our camp in the othe rock formation that is similar and put up armored walls?

Or do we armor this one?

Or do we armor this one and them make a second one elswhere?

I need to stash a key and tell you how to find it.

In fact I may have one stashed already, just need to describe the local. And how to get to my main door.

18. Johnny Panachai

Well guess who got on at 2:00 a.m. and had an air drop fall right in front of him...

Daddy got an ak with 34 rounds and a tommy gun with 20 rounds!!

Plus another land mine and three bear traps.

Going back out with the tommy gun, leaving the AK and extra rounds.

19. Johnny Panachai

20. Private_Ale

I decided against making a server. I'm just going to stick to what's available.

I'm still pissed at my base getting decimated though.

21. Private_Ale

I've moved back in to my old homestead. I'm doing renovations on it as it's been untouched all this time.

Unfortunately I was already killed by wolves several times. However it's in the snowy section of the map so I guess that's why there's less foot traffic.

22. Johnny Panachai

My staches apparently have been discovered. They are gone. Not even the empty box. Could they be wiped somehow?

23. Johnny Panachai

I placed them far enought away unless a team searched them out.

Might have been what they were doing while they waited on you to exit.

I need to check remote sleeping bag and stash.

Completely on the other side of the map . . . I can respawn and reverse stalk, if my ak is still there.

24. Private_Ale

I think that area between the underground bunker, the oil refinery, and the lighthouse is too popular due to how many resources you can potentially get.

I think the best strategy is to build a main homestead on the barren outskirts and then slowly move back towards there as we level up.

Now I understand why this game is mainly KOS.

My next base design will incorporate a honeycomb exterior. In other words, it will be a 2x3 of normal square foundation and then surrounding that will be interlocking triangle foundation. I will have a wall on each edge of triangle so it will ultimately work like a double walled cardboard box.

25. Private_Ale

I think I can say without a shadow of doubt that I absolutely hate bears.

That said, I'm doing OK. I finally got a furnace going and I managed to get a supply drop. Furnace eats too much wood though.

JBB, hit me up if you're ever by the nuclear plant. You can crash at my place. Text me for the door code if you're in the area.