1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Rust

Discussion in 'Gaming & Simulations' started by Johnny Panachai, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

I'm sorry JBB, but I'm done with Dallas Smalll. I was raided again, everything stolen. Here's the kicker: not a single wall was broken, not a single door was unlocked.

My gear was replaced and it was owned by Meatwad. Meatwad is a raider just like Gryphon. I'm assuming they're buddies. They teleported into my base and wiped it clean. Meatwad abuses his admin permissions. Now you know why the server is consistently empty, people have long caught onto their little game.

I'm done with it, I'll play on another server, but I'm done with Dallas Smalll, it's already been removed from my server list.

Here's the kicker: the little fucker taunted me.

20161011075233_1.jpg

Guess what you fucking faggots meatwad and gryphon, you never found your LR-300.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. Private_Ale

OK JBB, you win. I rented a rust server.

The name you're looking for is Pantsu Island. It may take a few seconds or you may need to press the refresh button to get the latest servers.

20161011114832_1.jpg

The server is set for No Decay and it's running in PvE mode. In other words, you can't harm people and people can't harm you. Nobody should also be able to destroy built structures, either. The map size is a little over 16km (4096x4096). Even though it's a 50 slot instance, I'm currently limiting it to 10 slots.

Let me know what you think of it, or if you have any suggestions.

3. Private_Ale

Right now, Pantsu is totally vanilla. If we still get problems, we'll explore modifying it with Oxide.

4. Johnny Panachai

Johnny Panachai Cap'n Stank

So, now we know how I was really raided the very first time . . . It seemed like a stalker move, because they took water from my person and drank it empty and then put it back. Very screwed up people.

5. Johnny Panachai

So, no decay means my stash sack will stay hidden and intact?

6. Johnny Panachai

Afro will want to inspect my stash sack now.

7. Johnny Panachai

There isn't a way to report them to Rust? seems like they would want to know.

It would be cool to see the developer go in and raid their shit and leave them wondering how they were raided as well.

8. Private_Ale

They don't care what happens on community or modded servers. Their only concern are official servers, and to be honest, it's probably best.

There's no shortage of servers, one is run by a idiot, move on to the next.

Plus I have Pantsu now. It's in Dallas.

9. Private_Ale

I think the best way to stick it to them is to just simply leave. If nobody plays on their server, they have nothing to raid. Lesson learned.

10. Private_Ale

Maybe. It might have a hardcoded 3 day lifespan.

I've learned, decay just slowly removes health from your structures depending on the build material. For example, a twig house will demolish itself in 6 hours. No Decay prevents that by simply setting the scaling timer to 0.

11. Private_Ale

I have very little interest in being an admin on Pantsu. I just want to play rust like I have been doing. So, I'm not going to list myself as the owner. Any further management will be done with the RCON utility. I really hope no degenerates join the server. I want to keep it vanilla.

12. Johnny Panachai

I'm in! about to build my little covered patio!

13. Johnny Panachai

Hopefully none of that crew looks us up and follows us.

I guess they can if they remember our names . . .

How do we change our steam names?

I want to be Cap'n Stank.

14. Johnny Panachai

I spawned in the middle of nowhere!

15. Johnny Panachai

Ok, boo. I have a little shack... No lock on the door. Let's see how this experiment works. I left a note in my wooden storage box explaining to take only 1/2 of anything needed and not to destroy or loot. "If you play with honor, the honor system lives" I even welcomed anyone to drop a sleeping bag in my cabin as well.

This will be our hostile/hunting cabin/community safe house/way point.

It is in the middle of nowhere, no landmarks in sight! there is an old building over the hill with a repair bench inside. It also spawned two boxes with bullets. one with pistol rounds and one with rifle.

I saw an air drop but it was far, far away and I had not even dropped my sleeping bag at that point!

and now, I have to go to work.

16. Johnny Panachai

I am near the coast (obviously) and right beside a river, there is also a river inlet across the small bay as well. I'm thinking fish traps out the wazoo ! ! !

As soon as I download the pics to my computer, I will upload them here . . . I know there has to be a faster, easier way, but JBB only knows the hard way . . :-(

P.S. I stopped by Dallas before coming here and busted every twig wall I had . . . until I broke my rock. The left me naked, busted out a top door and renamed my sleeping bag to "kol raided" what a bunch of turds.

I even gave a stranger my door code in chat, just to show how out of fucks I truly was.

17. Johnny Panachai

There is a cave nearby, I put a foundation square inside, so might know you are close to me.

See the drop?
    Me thinks buildings might be over there . . .

Attached Files:

18. Johnny Panachai

I made the old place a bit more "airey"

Attached Files:

19. Johnny Panachai

I like my solitude . . . .

Attached Files:

20. Johnny Panachai

Did I mention there were trees around me?

21. Private_Ale

Lol! Glad you're having fun :D

22. Private_Ale

Just edit your profile. :D

You can change your name, add an avatar, make it private, etc. :)

23. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

I always want to inspect your "Stack" **giggles**

24. Johnny Panachai

Two map shots.
    Top shows original spawn area and first base as well as my trek down the other side of the bay.
    Bottom shows the nuclear power plant, road and my third base.

Attached Files:

Private_Ale likes this.
  25. Johnny Panachai

Oh, the second one also shows my "Shack" . . . roof, one wall and a fire.

All on a snowy ridge.

Attached Files:

Private_Ale likes this.