1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

Breastfeeding

Discussion in 'Social Issues' started by jundies, Oct 4, 2016.

1. jundies

jundies Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts? How long should it go on and should it be done in public? Go!

2. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

I think it's a double-edged sword. On one hand it's a natural thing that should be acceptable. On the other, there are so many tools and utilities that modernize the "process" where it doesn't need to be done in public since you can pump at home and bring bottles to outings.

Something that also has to be considered is how there are an increasing number of fucked up people in this world who may cause harm to the mother and baby, whether it be because of religious beliefs, mental illness, or even uncontrolled perversion.

I guess it also depends on the time and place. I don't think it would be appropriate on a city bench or even public park, due to the reasons stated above. However in a controlled setting when you have people you know and trust, it can be less of a liability.

There's an interesting self-documentary by a woman, JBB actually linked it a while ago. Her son is like, 5 and she breastfeeds him. I think that's too old.

jundies likes this.
  3. cymru am byth

cymru am byth twll dîn pob sais

my sister breast fed until around 2 years. Anyone offended by public breast feeding is a fucking idiot!

jundies and Private_Ale like this.
  4. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Tell Mani that he's a grown man and to leave your breasts alone.