1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Fortify

Discussion in 'Gaming & Simulations' started by Private_Ale, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

So I bought Fortify for $.99. It's marketed as a Rust base designer, but it's really just a base designer in general so it's pretty cool.

I think I finally figured out how I'm going to do my next base "Carapace".

It's a honeycomb structure, making great use of triangle foundation. The entire first floor is the smallest, but most secure featuring triple-thick walls and barriers embedded in the wall cavities. The second and third floors are larger than the first floor since they only feature single walls. The second floor's interior is a hybrid, featuring a interior mirroring the first floor, but also an open-air balcony. The third floor, the observation floor, is the largest interior space and is surrounded by windows for secure observation. The roof is technically the fourth floor, but it's a limited crawl space. The Third floor ceiling features two ladder hatches at opposite ends for emergency roof access.

Ideally, the first floor would function as the tool room. Various tools and benches would be here. The second floor interior would work as the bedrooms. The third floor would function as the main storage space. The roof would be auxiliary space, or potentially a second sleeping area.

20161006202744_1.jpg 20161006202618_1.jpg 20161006202523_1.jpg 20161006195446_1.jpg 20161006201938_1.jpg

2. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

I think I'll also put walls and a door around the first floor stairwell. That way even if the first floor somehow manages to get breached there's another door before reaching the upper levels.