1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Rust - Pantsu Island

Discussion in 'Gaming & Simulations' started by Private_Ale, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

pantsu2.png

[​IMG]

Pantsu Island is the unofficial BCF Rust Server!

Pantsu Island is running in PvE mode. While PvE mode, you cannot harm other players and other players cannot harm you. You also cannot damage player-made structures, including your own. This means that the 10-minute demolish timer is important. Once the first 10 minutes lapses, the structure can be considered permanent. Ensure that any changes to placement are done within the first 10 minutes, it's crucial that you get your toolbox / cupboard crafted and installed ASAP. Remember, this is a PvE server, bears and wolves still want to eat you!

Pantsu Island is currently a medium to large map with a 6000x6000 (36km2) area. All 13 landmarks should be available and roughly 25 caves. There is currently a 10 player slot limit, although we have the ability to change it upwards of 50 slots.

Please remember: Rust is an Early Access game. Things may be broken, removed, or added. The world is also forcibly wiped (reset) during nearly every update, with some updates happening weekly. This is out of our control. Luckily, your XP and level is normally preserved through each update until the XP system is removed.

Pantsu Island History:

tl;dr - discuss pantsu, ask questions, and make suggestions :cat:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. Private_Ale

Pantsu. What is Pantsu? Pantsu is Japanese for Panties. Why? Because I think the Rust logo looks like panties and Pantsu was the most original thing I could think of spur of the moment. :p

It's also similar to Hantu, the mysterious island in Just Cause that reminds me of Rust's world.

Pantsu Island: Origins. :rofl:

3. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

I think this is the best name ever for a server and UBER WIN!!!

Private_Ale likes this.
  4. Private_Ale

Let's maintain any further rust discussion in this thread since this is specific for the Pantsu Island Server.

For historical reference, the original Rust thread is here: https://www.beercandle.com/threads/28623/

5. Private_Ale

So I updated the server's description / splash page. Made it a little more friendly and not so .. negative. I also updated the image to make it less generic. There's now a link directly to this thread! It's the big blue "Show Webpage" link.

20161013200417_1.jpg

6. Private_Ale

7. Private_Ale

My first cabin on after the wipe. It's small and modest, at least compared to what I usually do.

20161013201901_1.jpg

8. Johnny Panachai

Johnny Panachai Cap'n Stank

9. Johnny Panachai

LOL, I set up camp up stream from you!

I thought I saw what was a cabin, then I got closer, it was a rock.

I saw another object in the distance and though "naw, couldn't be."

Build a crappy shack in a bad spot, put in a sleeping bag due to dusk, nearly died of starvation, couldn't find any shrooms. Just as I was about to give up, I saw some lovely corn stalks!

Ate 5, now I'm cocky, but still a little desperate... I start looking around, spot more corn on my way back. Then I see it. Your place. Will visit at dawn.

Private_Ale likes this.
  10. Johnny Panachai

So, here are my first shots of the new Island. . . .

Attached Files:

Private_Ale likes this.
  11. Johnny Panachai

So my first foray into the wilderness led me to the top of a small mountain where I start hacking away at trees and then I spot a bear before his happy ass spots me!

Turn and run back over the crest and all the way down ...lol

In the pic from on the rock, I believe we will find something over the hills to the east . . .

I also want to follow the coast line north. It has some type of pull for me.

For some reason, P_A sometimes thinks JBB don't need no stinkin' map . . . LOL Is that why we went larger?

Attached Files:

12. Johnny Panachai

Oh, the two shots showing the tip of the arrow . . . One shows about where the cabin is off in the distance and the other, pointing to the shore is roughly where I originally spawned.

The others are me going up the hill and then looking back down at the general direction of our place.

13. Johnny Panachai

Oh, hey.

I sort of moved in. My sleeping bag is there and I added a lock, two boxes and window grates. There is food in the boxes in case you wake up hungry and I put a pair of pants on you.

Hatchet in the box and stone pick on me. Also, one box has the extra key for you.

Private_Ale likes this.
  14. Private_Ale

Glad you're having fun with the new place :p

Sorry I wasn't on, when I got home I was just so tired. I'll be on tonight fo' sho'.

You can loot my seeds (lol) if you want to grow some corn and pumpkins to eat while we rebuild our meat supply.

15. Private_Ale

Lol I love how my body is basically sleeping on top of the fireplace.

16. Private_Ale

Because everything is bigger in Texas bruh. :p

I want to have everrythang. Last map was missing some landmarks. Eventually if you make the map large enough it's forced to include everything. After all, in PvE this excels as a adventure game, give us more to explore. :D

So 4096x4096 was 17km², but 6000x6000 is 36km², double the surface area. Funny how math works huh :)

17. Private_Ale

I wish I could play rust on my phone in bed.

18. Private_Ale

Lol thanks for the pants. :silly:

Did some adventuring, brought back two stacks of wood and some weapons, just one gun and the rest are salvaged things. Planted some corn, hemp, and pumpkins behind the house and gave you a campfire upstairs. Also added two more boxes and some more chicken.

Is that your addition to the left of the cabin?

19. Private_Ale

I gave you my hoodie and took your shirt. I also killed a few boar so there's 20 cooked meat in the box now as well as 4 cooked salmon meat from a fish that was in the trap. It seems salmon love chocolate, so if you get any chocolate put it in the fish trap since one salmon makes 4 meat.

20. Private_Ale

I took back my hoodie and gave you a street sign armor I found and also crafted you some gloves. Added crafted furnace and also a repair bench and large crate that I found in a cargo drop.

20161014120552_1.jpg 20161014125400_1.jpg

21. Johnny Panachai

Wow. You have neen busy. Yes the addition to the side is ours as well. Just in case it gets crowed in the first house. We could use the other just for storage? Or for whatever.

I just had the steps open and it turned blue facing upwards, so I thought, "why not"

Not a sky bridge, but bear can't nab
    you on the way to the study.

22. Johnny Panachai

I'm with you in the phone idea.

23. Johnny Panachai

Um, yes. That was the first reason I was going to build outside . . .

I wanted a little platform for a fire. I was afraid you would get burned when I cooked the chicken.

There is a campfire in the addition as well.

We could scale it back, if you want. Mabye leave what is up as a hunting platform.

Did you put a cabinet in the house already?

If not, we could place one in the addition and just stone it in.

24. Private_Ale

I'm actually thinking of finding the desert and setting up a more permanent building there. The snowy and grassy areas are too lumpy for multiple smelters, but the desert is typically very flat. So I figure we can set up two or three smelters and one or two refineries then fence it in again and build a larger house next to it, with a dedicated floor just for storage and a floor just for our rooms, like I did with the old refinery before we moved out of smalll.

25. Johnny Panachai

Air drop flew by, never saw the drop! He must have flown farther in, way farther!

At least we know I was correct in my guess... Something big east (our house door faces west).

Attack chopper at night... Easier to see along the water.

Love our sign!

and of course, the arrow need to be pointing down for Trump's sake!

Attached Files:

Private_Ale likes this.