1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

Serious Discussion

Discussion in 'Social Issues' started by Afronaught, May 17, 2017.

1. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

So Chelsea (Bradley) manning is free.

Thoughts?

My opinion is this:
    If you are in Service to your country, especially if you are trusted with Intelligence documents, Betraying that trust is treason, even if you feel that you are exposing criminal behavior.

Manning got off to light, Treason is treason.

Tinkerbell likes this.
  2. Afronaught

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%, He wore the uniform and took the oath. Part of following your consiense is accepting the consequenses. This makes my blood boil.

4. Afronaught

Here's the Big question, Was Manning given Leniency because she used the Transgender card?

I don't buy the Transgender story that Manning uses, I think it was a ploy for an easier life in Leavenworth.. which get's you out of the cells and into the Infirmary, and Group sessions more often.

Tinkerbell likes this.
  5. Void

Void ZXC-79523

Agree manning got off light .... don't really like manning or snowden .... :O

6. Afronaught

Somehow I see manning as more treacherous of the two

7. Void

Void ZXC-79523

Dunno .... snowden lives in russia and has made millions as the savior of the modern age .... i don't like the whole whistle blowers thing ....

I like guys like Phineas Phisher .... did you ever read about the hacking team hack ... ?

8. Afronaught

He's the Guy that put all of Hacking Team's Source Code, Documents, and Emails on-line using their own twitter account, if I remember about 400 Gigs of data

9. Void

Void ZXC-79523

Yeah, the hacking team, banks, police forces .... it's crazy. He also donates money to causes he believes in.

Nobody has been able to track him down.