1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Iceman is back

Discussion in 'Videos On The Web' started by SurfSarge, Dec 30, 2007.

1. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

2. Butterz

Butterz Well-Known Member

I don't follow this closely anymore, but Chuck is a bad man.

He doesn't seem as explosive as he used to be, though...I'm guessing he's getting a bit too old for this.

3. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Nah..he's as bad as ever..He blew up Silva's face...

4. HeyBuddy

HeyBuddy Well-Known Member

I was shocked by Chuck's takedowns. After being in the sport this long, people have time to study his striking. Jardine even took advantage of him in their last fight. I think that if Chuck is going to continue to fight, he should try to mix in a little bit more of that ground game.

At first, I didn't think Chuck had enough left in the tank to finish him off. Then, my brothers and I came to the conclusion that Chuck may have just been playing it smart in the third period. Silva's a bad man, you've won two rounds already. Just get in a couple of good shots, and don't put yourself into any risky situations. Who knows. I hope we're going to see more of the "old" Ice Man, in the future.

5. Butterz

Butterz Well-Known Member

Yeah, at first I thought Chuck was winded and stalling after he attack he put out in the third round, but it does make a lot of sense...if he went in for the kill, he risked giving Silva an opportunity. The only way Silva was going to win at that point was by knock out and he knew it.

Maybe he was just playing it like a football game...hold the lead and run the clock out, take a knee after the snap and call it a game.

6. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Silva pulled that shit in the first round see him play possum?