1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Bump keys

Discussion in 'Videos On The Web' started by StuPot, Apr 14, 2007.

1. StuPot

StuPot Blah blah blah

Only to be used in case of loss of keys

[youtube=425,350]pwTVBWCijEQ[/youtube]

2. GooseScream

GooseScream New Member

I believe that every homeowner should face this situation head-on. It's a valid security threat. A lot of people won't touch bump keys with a 10 foot pole because they're under the impression that touching them will make them a criminal. While it's true that ownership of bump keys is illegal in some areas, you can check local laws to make sure. If it's perfectly okay to possess them, then by all means possess them.

Like what you've mentioned, a homeowner can use a bump key if in case he lost the key. But personally, I used them in the past to find out for myself if it really is a valid security threat. When I started bumping locks consistently in under a minute, I changed my locks to bump-proof locks. This is because I know for myself that my home is at risk.

This is why homeowners should read information and watch videos about it. There are a lot of free resources online like in this site about how to bump a lock.

Private_Ale likes this.
  3. Private_Ale

Private_Ale King Neckbeard

Looks like the video is still active :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015