1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Xbox live

Discussion in 'Gaming & Simulations' started by kevinator, Sep 23, 2007.

1. kevinator

kevinator Well-Known Member

GamerTags

my xbox 360 gamertag is LaytexSoldier

dont ask haha. But i need 50 bucks so I can get gold again.

2. Osiris7790

Osiris7790 Well-Known Member

Re: GamerTags

XBL 360 GT- mengle

3. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

XBL SCX84

4. Osiris7790

ill add you, since u dont have time to add me. ::)

5. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

I added you...

6. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

and you

7. Osiris7790

about fuckin time ;)

8. kevinator

BUMP...got a free 1 month thing and money for a year membership so add me
    LaytexSoldier

ill try to add yall later toniht

9. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

cool. I'll be on for a bit after work (7 pm EST) so around then.

10. Norwegian Viking

Norwegian Viking Well-Known Member

I got INSANEramsund as my 360 gamertag. Might be on driving some Dirt

11. RiZaGe

RiZaGe Well-Known Member

Who has Xbox live?
    My GT is
    Yenko Z28
    Add me Im bored.

12. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

Forgot to renew :( but will do that probably next week.

SCX84 is my GT.

13. RiZaGe

RiZaGe Well-Known Member

Friend Request sent

Anyone else?

14. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

I moved the topic here and merged it with the prior Gamer Tag thread just to keep it all in one place :)

15. RiZaGe

RiZaGe Well-Known Member

K, I looked though and added Kev and Osiris

16. kevinator

live ran out and no money for another year yet

17. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

How much is it?and how do I hook it up...thru my wireless router?

18. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

Well, if you got Wireless then pick this puppy up. It's the Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor. Plugs into the USB on the back of the machine and works with WEP encryption too.

[​IMG]

As far as $$$ go, couldn't tell ya. Being in different dollars, it's difficult. For me it's $50 per year (get it near XMAS and you actually get 13 months for the price of 12) and the Wireless thinger is $90.00 I think.

The Xbox 360 system was explicitly designed for easy integration with a wireless network. However, the quality and effectiveness of your wireless network depends on a number of factors. Please note:
    • The Xbox 360 console supports only the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter and Xbox Live Compatible wireless-to-Ethernet bridges, routers, and gateways bearing the Xbox Live Compatible logo.

For a list of all Xbox Live Compatible equipment, see Compatible Home Networking Equipment.
    • Microsoft does not provide technical support or troubleshooting assistance for wireless networking devices that are not certified as Xbox Live Compatible. If you have questions or problems with such a device, please contact the manufacturer of the device rather than Microsoft.
    • If your wireless-to-Ethernet bridge is not Xbox Live Compatible, you will probably need to configure it with your PCbefore connecting it to your Xbox 360 console.
    • The distance between your wireless-capable router or gateway and your Xbox 360 console, the construction of your home, the presence of other wireless devices (like cordless phones), and other sources of interference (like microwave ovens) can negatively affect the strength of a wireless signal. A weak signal may result in the following issues when playing games on Xbox Live:
      • Difficulty finding and connecting to sessions.
      • Disconnection or dropping from sessions.
      • Lag or other poor performance.
    • If you want to stream audio and video to your Xbox 360 system from a Windows PC, look for the Designed for Media Center Edition logo on your wireless gear. This wireless equipment has been tested to not merely ensure great gameplay on Xbox Live, but to meet the stringent requirements for audio and video streaming.
    To Set Up Connection:
    1. Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard.
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select Test Xbox Live Connection.

The system will perform a series of diagnostic tests, the results of which can help you configure your network to access Xbox Live.

[​IMG]
    4. After the system has completed its tests, select More Info to learn more about your network, paying close attention to any test that failed.

In each case, the More Info section will offer tips for correcting the conditions preventing you from accessing Xbox Live.

[​IMG]
    5. Select Edit Settings to adjust your:
      • IP Settings (including IP address, subnet mask, and gateway)
      • DNS Settings (including primary and secondary DNS servers)
      • PPPoE Settings (including user name, password, and service name)
      • Advanced Settings (including host name and alternate MAC address)
    To Join Xbox Live

Xbox LIVE® is a realm where gaming is king. Something is always going on: you can find people to play with and talk to 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You use a single, persistent identity—your gamertag—across all games, and you can download new stuff for your games any time you feel like it.
    [​IMG]To create a child membership for Xbox LIVE, see Join Xbox LIVE: Child Membership.
    To join Xbox LIVE:
    1. Make sure your Xbox 360 console is connected to Xbox LIVE.

For information about connecting to Xbox LIVE, see Connect to Xbox LIVE.
    2. To simplify the process, collect the details of your Microsoft Passport Network account before you create your Xbox LIVE membership. You already have a Passport Network account if you have any of the following:
      • A Hotmail account.
      • An MSN account.
      • An Xbox.com account.
      If you don't have them yet, visit www.passport.net to set one up, or you can create one from the Xbox Dashboard during this sign-up procedure.

A Passport Network account requires a valid e-mail account, which you cannot create during sign-up. To set up a free Hotmail account, visit MSN Hotmail.
    3. Turn on your system with no disc in the tray. From the Xbox LIVE area of the Xbox Dashboard, select the Xbox LIVE banner. This will open the Xbox LIVE area of the Xbox Guide.

[​IMG]
    4. Select Join Xbox LIVE and follow the on-screen instructions.

Here you will have the option to change your gamertag. You'll also supply information like the e-mail address and password associated with your Passport Network account, your country/region, your language, your name, and your phone number.Tip
      You can enter information using either a USB PC keyboard plugged into a controller port or your Xbox 360 controller and the on-screen virtual keyboard.
    5. When prompted, select your desired membership type from the list of options.

[​IMG]

Xbox LIVE Gold memberships are paid memberships that require you to supply valid credit-card information. For more information about Xbox LIVE memberships, see www.xbox.com/live.
    6. Follow the remaining steps: enter a contact address, choose an Xbox LIVE Gamer Zone, set your communication preferences for Xbox 360 promotions, and select a time zone and daylight-saving option.

Then you'll be all set to dive headlong into exciting multiplayer Xbox LIVE play, multiplayer chat, Xbox LIVE Marketplace downloads, and other cool activities.

[​IMG]
    Whew! I stole that from the Internetz quickly!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  19. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

PSN=Free

PSN FTW!!

20. kevinator

50 bucks a year and dont buy the wireless thingy it looses connection alot...you need to plug a ethernet cord from ur xbox to your "main" modem. Not your wireless one.

21. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

hmm it'd have to be a long cable..Fuck it Thanks for the info though kev..I ain't payn shit for no live games.

22. kevinator

yeah when i had it i needed a cord that would reach from my room to the computer downstairs since it wouldnt work on my wireless router. Parents didnt like it to much and was happy when the live ran out ha.

23. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

I have never lost a connection using the wireless adaptor...and the units are on different floors on opposite sides of the house.

24. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

hmm and it's really not that far from my router...

25. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

I think it may be a setup thing. If you have a decent wireless router, you should therefore have a decent wireless signal. I have the D-Link DL-624, nothing fancy, but good. I have it encrypted via WEP and anything I have set up in the house will pick up the signal. My Wii, PS3, 360, all computers, PSP and even my buddies laptop picks it up when I set it up to accept it.

I also use the Windows Media Extender thing on the computer, and can listen to tunes off of my computer on my home theater via the Xbox or PS3. The odd time Norton goes all Gestapo on the firewall, so I lose connectivity to the PC but never to the internet. The only times I experience total loss is when the power goes out and I have to reset the router. For some reason, when it shuts off it comes back up running default settings. Small potatoes.

But, if you can handle the cable it's better, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008