1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

Election Watch 2008

Discussion in 'Social Issues' started by smilemani, Jan 13, 2008.

1. smilemani

smilemani Well-Known Member

I got a call today form a polling company
    asking my a bunch of questions.

So let's conduct the 1st Annual BCF Presidential pole.

If you had to vote today, who would
    you vote for?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2008
  2. smilemani

Why do you like who you like?

I like Thompson because of his stance on
    illegal immigration. I think he'd be strong.

It's a huge issue for me, because my dad
    was almost killed by a drunk fucking illegal.

They're a fucking brown plague that make
    the whole place shittier. I feel like this
    even though I'm from Mexican decedents.
    They embarrass me. Thank God I'm not
    a 100% Bean.

I would love Ron Paul, but he's weak
    in the immigration department.

3. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

I picked Obama... only because over here is in the news all the time just about... him and Hillarious Clownton... I dont Like The Hilarious Clownton tho.... so I choose the lesser of two evils...

The others I dont Know.... except for Guliani.... but I think he's in like last place or something....

4. Butterz

Butterz Well-Known Member

I voted for Ron Paul, but mainly because John McCain's name isn't on here...I have my eye on McCain.

Ok, I can't vote again, but if the vote was right now, I'd vote McCain over Paul.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  5. HeyBuddy

HeyBuddy Well-Known Member

How do you leave McCain off? I'm not voting for him, because he sponsored that awful immigration bill, but he did win New Hampshire. You can't leave him off.

Guliani left himself off, until Florida. He has dumped all of his compain efforts on Florida, and is hoping to be the hottest candidate going into Super Tuesday. The scary part is that it might work. The first primaries have been so split that Romney is winning, even though he hasn't won a state yet.

I'm just pissed that Ron Paul got 9.6% in Iowa, has 4 times the delegate votes of Rudy, and still isn't invited to debates. It's ridiculous how they try to exclude him.

6. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Ron Paul 08

7. smilemani

OH! I forgot about that old fart!
    So there you go!

I'd rather vote for obama!

Because of

McCain/ Kennedy Amnesty bill
    and
    McCain/ Feindgold Limiting free speech bill

8. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Obama =Muslim No vote

9. skunk the disc golfer

skunk the disc golfer exrtaordinaire

Ron Paul....If we're going to have change, we have to vote change.

10. smilemani

Ron Paul has everything down....

But I just can't sacrifice the borders... If he had that one thing...

11. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Fuck dude they ain't gonna do shit about the borders..It's all just talkn BS to get votes.

12. smilemani

I honestly hope you're wrong sarge. I mean, you guys don't feel the effects like we do.

Here's the perfect example.
    An AC installer made 175$ A day.

Now these fucken contractors get them for 80$

10000 of them a day brother... Pretty soon, this isn't going to be the USA anymore and that scares the shit outta me.

I say this, because I see it happening every day.

13. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Fuckn A they are like a disease..They are all over the fucking place here!

14. Butterz

Butterz Well-Known Member

FOR THE RECORD: I CHOOSE MCCAIN OVER PAUL.

15. Jonny Quest

Jonny Quest What What What

WOW, you guys we're talking about human beings!?

16. smilemani

It's not our fault that they have a shitty government. Why should we deal with the negative social-economic effects they cause?

17. smilemani

BTW. I'm not a heartless prick. Look, I love my Mexican side. But I'm an American and I want my daughter to grow up in a safe environment. I've seen it first hand bro. I feel bad for the shit that happens to them there. But may be if we close the border the shitty Mexican government will be forced to deal with their problems and not dump millions of unskilled workers here.

Know what I mean?

18. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Yeah..Humans that are making my life miserable.

19. HeyBuddy

HeyBuddy Well-Known Member

The only candidate with strong convictions about the border, has already dropped out. That was Tom Tancredo. I love how the media twisted everything he said too. They made it sound like he was going to have trucks loaded down with illegals, shipping them back.

All he wanted to do was enforce the law, and it's been proven that when you do that, illegals can't work, drive, collect benefits, and they find a way to get home. Enforcing the law....it's such a silly notion.

I think the best thing I've heard from anybody, during the campaign was (I'm paraphrasing, because I can't find the quote)

I'll know we have the problem under control, when I don't have to press one for english. - Tom Tancredo

20. Jonny Quest

Jonny Quest What What What

I never thought you are heartless, I have worked in the restaurant biz on many levels for many years and what I have seen the immigrants work harder and with more integrity than most other people. Also I feel that the contribution to the economy is also greater then we are led to believe. I will look up the stats when I get a chance.

21. smilemani

I don't know bro. I'll do some research as well. Benefits rendered to taxes contributed...

22. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

You think those workers are payn taxes?You think those workers deserve liscences?You think those workers deserve free health care?
    Dude wake up the economy is shit right now...They send all the money back to Mexico..I've worked with several illegal aliens and my wife employs one..I'm not heartless but I look out for my family and my best intrests.Those illegals arn't helping shit..they need to secure those borders and keep them mother fuckers in their own country...My wife is Brazilian and it cost me a shitload of money to get her a green card..and it still costs money.If they want to be here then they should go thru the right channels and be legalized.

23. smilemani

24. Taurino

Taurino Active Member

UGh disgusting.

Ignorance is bliss right?

Oh and btw I'm not voting for anyone that receives corporate backing or donations.

25. smilemani

"Ignorance is bliss right?" Please explain!

All of them have special interest backing!