1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

What type of music do you like?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, & The Arts' started by crazyjoe, Mar 13, 2007.

1. crazyjoe

crazyjoe Lurker

Well?

I like everything except most heavy metal, scream, modern hip hop/rap, modern country, and modern rock and roll.

If I had to pick a favorite it would have to be bigband jazz as of now. It's really soothing for me.

2. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I like everything you don't..But I like classical and jazz as well..I used to work at a place called musical heritage society..They sold classical and jazz music..Did alot of sound engineering for jazz bands..

3. Fireball

Fireball Masochist

I like everything you don't..But I like classical and 80's for me =D

4. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

Me, I like the older rock n roll.
    Was a huge fan of VanHalen till David Lee Roth left.
    After he left VanHalen did a fast spiral into the ground.
    I prefer 70s n 80s rock, and a small amount of 90s rock.
    The older I get the more I graft towards country music.
    Not the old cry in your beer stuff.
    But the newer stuff, IE..
    Shania Twain, Garth Brooks, Rascal Flats, Martina McBride, Toby Kieth, Trace Adkins, Brad Paisley, Gretchen Wilson, many more.
    I've all so took a liking to Parody songs.
    Theres a bunch people out there doin parodys.
    So if you like parody songs I got close to a hundred,
    maybe more. I'll be posting some, enjoy

5. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

6. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

7. Bass

Bass Well-Known Member

I would have to say my first love is Punk. I like lots of other things, but that is what I find myself listening to most.

8. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Yeah me to..

9. cymru am byth

cymru am byth twll dîn pob sais

a bit of everything really, apart from country, pop, r 'n' b/soul and all that crappy hip hop/rap crap thats about now. i like floyd, pistols, prodigy, most metal (more 70's to 90's than modern) some classic hip hop such as NWA + public enemy, rock, 70's punk (not so much skater punk), a bit of ska, dance, regga (but not dancehall), and many more. a real mixed bag ;D

10. 211drinker

211drinker Lurker

70s and 80s punk ( Discharge, GBH, Adolescents, Disorder, The Exploited, Blood Spit Nights, Dead Kennedys, JFA, Circle Jerks, ).
    Rap (NWA, The Game, Dr. Dre, Snoop, mostly west coast)
    Classical and Jazz when im high
    Reggae ( Bob Marley, The Wailers, Eek-a-mouse, The Congos)

i really dont listen to the radio much because i dont like 90% of the music that gets played. I mostly listen to my records

11. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I did the sound and smoked up with Eek-A-Mouse ;)

12. 211drinker

211drinker Lurker

lucky...i technically smoked with Damien Marley at Coachella last year, he was performing on stage and i was smoking a blunt and i passed it to him and he took a couple rips. I felt honored to smoke the the same blunt with the offspring of a bud smoking legend.

13. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

sweet..

14. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

I like almost anything from rock to country to classical to techno, I listen to it. Don't like a lot of rap, but if the beat is good (and I'm drunk enough) I'll go for it.

But as far as favourite (<---north of the border spelling) music, it's heavy metal. By far, my favourite. I can give you definitive answers to origins/influences/history of metal, if so desired.

My top played artists, from some genres, are (in no particular order):

Slipknot
    CCR
    Floyd
    Clapton
    Alabama (Surprised me)
    G'n'R (I did some video with November Rain so it got bumped up I think)
    Hank Williams (Sr.)
    NIN
    As I Lay Dying
    Killswitch Engage
    KISS
    Lynard Skynard
    Metallica
    Johnny Cash
    George Thorogood
    Blue Cheer (pioneers, IMO)
    Rush (Awesome Canadian Band)
    Finger Eleven (Ditto)

15. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

I like Country , Rock n Heavy metal :)

You better chuck Beccy Cole on your list she made Queen of Country for Australia for this song ;) she wrote that song for all her fans that had dumped her / wiped her all because she supported the war in Iraq , good on her i reckon , this song inspires me it makes me still want to join up if i had done when i was going to i would be in Iraq right now , i regret not joining up to the Army to this day .

Poster Girl

[youtube=425,350]0BZ6aqgvdFI[/youtube]

16. kevinator

kevinator Well-Known Member

I Listen to alot but mostly these bands in no special order

ASG
    Dubtopia
    ThunderLip
    Damona Waits
    Metallica
    Pink Flyod
    Bob Marley