1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

What's your Favorite Quentin Tarantino Movie?

Discussion in 'Social Issues' started by smilemani, Jan 17, 2008.

1. smilemani

smilemani Well-Known Member

I just saw Kill bill Vol 1 and two... Damn, I love Tarantino because he's sick! Just a wicked style of directing movies.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
  2. smilemani

I think Pulp fiction is the best... Blew my mind....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
  3. asdf

asdf Harry Scagnetti

Pulp Fiction

4. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Reservoir Dogs...

Pulp Fiction was a close second.

skunk the disc golfer likes this.
  5. Snuff

Snuff Lurker

Ya- Reservoir Dogs. Without the shadow of a doubt. True Romance as a close second. Both those films = Tarantino writing at his peak. EDIT: Forgot Jackie Brown. Whatever the case, Tarantino was a good writer. ...Once.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2008
  6. Butterz

Butterz Well-Known Member

Pulp Fiction, imo...

Resevoir Dogs was actually a big disappointment to me. I'd been told how great it was and almost kicked my TV over when I finally watched it. Very hokie, very 'B movie' quality, imo.

7. skunk the disc golfer

skunk the disc golfer exrtaordinaire

Reservoir Dogs. :gun:

Is there no option for "all".....I liked them all...haven't seen Grindhouse yet though.

Pulp Fiction layed a nice foundation for Tarantino.

It would be tough to make another film as good as Pulp Fiction...let alone better. But he succeeded with Reservoir Dogs.

Jackie Brown was good in it's own right....Not too in your face....more modest I thought.

Then we have Kill Bill 1 & 2.....Well orchestrated pieces of work.....Nearly instant classics.

His part in Four Rooms was pretty good too....Didn't he help Robert Rodriguez in From Dusk Till Dawn?...that was okay.

He did alot of movies now that I think about it....I like his work for the most part. :coolsmiley:

8. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

Pulp Fiction....

I think it was the bruce willis bondage scene that did it for me :D

9. asdf

asdf Harry Scagnetti

*shakes head*

10. Th3Skipper

Th3Skipper Well-Known Member

I say Pulp Fiction too but they could of done without that scene. :eek:

11. HeyBuddy

HeyBuddy Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but I never go into Pulp Fiction. Kill Bill was alright. I haven't seen all of Resevoir Dogs, or I think that would be my favorite. I really liked what I saw. Since I haven't though, I voted for Grindhouse, which was hilarious.

12. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I liked Pulp Fiction

13. Butterz

Butterz Well-Known Member

lol...nah, that scene was the one scene EVERYONE was talking about.

I really think if Tarantino left those types of scenes out of his movies, he'd just be another Hollywood director...that's the stuff that gives him edge.

Take Resevoir Dogs, when the dude cuts the guy's ear off and is dancing to Steeler's Wheel...that one scene was all I really remember from the movie, cuz it was so twisted. I thought the movie was a snoozer, but that scene is burnt into my brain...so funny in a sick way.

14. Jonny Quest

Jonny Quest What What What

Everything Skunk said:D that was easy.

15. skunk the disc golfer

I'm glad I can do your work for you. :107:

16. skunk the disc golfer

What about the opening scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FuAmudz2To

17. smilemani

I'm surprised no one likes Kill Bill... I'm iffy about it.
    For sure the first one was better.

18. HeyBuddy

HeyBuddy Well-Known Member

I liked Kill Bill. It just wasn't something that I'd go out of my way to watch again.

19. skunk the disc golfer

I liked Kill Bill.....I just liked some of his other ones better.

20. smilemani

I just watched Jackie Brown. Great movie!!! I still like pulp fiction the best though.

21. SnakeBabe

SnakeBabe Well-Known Member

All his movies are great

22. hawkeye

hawkeye Well-Known Member

I'm proud Robert Rodriguez is able to make movies. Not too many hispanics in his position as writer/director in Hollywood. But wow do his movies suck. Not my style at all. Very predictable.

23. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

We're talking about Tarantino and his movies. If you want to chat about Robert Rodriguez' movies start your own thread, Punk.

24. smilemani

LOL at :doctor:!!!

25. Afronaught

Afronaught ♫ Official Princess ♫

Sin City was good though... he kept it true to the comic book... and to keep in line with the threa... Quentin Tarantino was a guest Director in it too... but as per all QT films... he ruined it.

Uh.. I'm not a QT fan... I prefer Riddly Scott :)