1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

George Bush

Discussion in 'Social Issues' started by smilemani, Feb 14, 2008.

1. smilemani

smilemani Well-Known Member

Hey ya'll!

Anyway, George Bush is nearing the sun set of his presidency so I thought this would be a good subject to discuss. Do you think he's a total failure? Do you like the guy? Do you think he should be crowned king? Love him or hate him, do you respect him?

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

I think G.W.Bush is a product of his time. I've shaken his hand and he seems like a "nice" guy. But I disappointed with his lack of intellectual curiosity. I have a brother who is in operating in the Iraq and want him back home, that's all I care about.

3. smilemani

Your brother's a hero. Be proud of him.
    Say what you say about GW and the war.
    But I've studied the Koran, Sharia Laws and Religion.
    These people CANNOT be our friends. No matter how hard
    we try. And you're brother is protecting us from the cats that
    want to not only not be our friends... But want to kill us and destroy
    all our traditions.

4. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

We cannot surrender to people who don't know what peace is.

5. m@rk

m@rk B.T.O.

Bro .... that's the most profound thing I've heard relating towards Bush in a long time.

I recently talked to a friend who studied alot of that too and is originally FROM the middle east.

His family moved here for a reason. To LIVE.

It IS something to consider ... one thing almost everyone seems to be overlooking is that despite his failures with our economy - taxes, healthcare, selling out our industries to China, etc etc ... one thing he IS quite aware of, more than anyone else besides his father, is that there is a significant, ultra-determined evil force that is born from the womb ready to die in the name of ending western culture as we know it. FAR too many Americans unfortunately do not really "feel" or realize that though ... all they know is "they hate Bush". A bunch of sheep jumping on the bandwaggon, blissfully unaware that they should be THANKFUL they are standing on line in Starbucks for that coffee. There are a few numbskulls in this country that need to wake the F up.

Listen, I hate him too everyone ... this certainly aint a pro-Bush endorsement, no way, BUT ... . . I THANK him for making more of an effort than anyone else in our political history at keeping that "evil force" as contained as possible and working on our security.

That's his one shiny moment in an otherwise rock bottom presidential track record.

Sad and unfortunate, America is the misunderstood odd-man-out right now in the eyes of the rest of the world only by what they hear from their own spun media. Yeah, our political powerhouse may be creating a fearful situation in their eyes, but they need to really see our country and meet .... us, common American folks. You will see their perception do a 180ยบ. WE want freedom. The radical Muslim extremists of Middle East however ... want us dead. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
    Butterz likes this.
  6. Butterz

Butterz Well-Known Member

Foreign countries will hate America LONG after Bush is out of office, just as they've hated America LONG before he was in office.

7. m@rk

m@rk B.T.O.

Mhmm. Unfortunately for us, many of our past presidents (and I'm sure future) also don't have great track records in foreign diplomacy. :idiot2:

Quite SACRY looking at what we have to choose from for president this go-round. On one hand, in my heart I don't have a good feeling about the idea of this next presidential term being republican again, yes, we DO need change, BUT ...... THIS my friends is what we have to choose for the Dems????? .....

[​IMG]

{ chuckles } We're fucked. LMAO

8. Raidenator

Raidenator Lurker

Not a fan of him, but I think he was dealt a bad hand. I wouldn't consider him a good president though, just one who's able to get by I guess.

9. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Watch this and then tell me he was dealt a bad hand!Nah I don't think so.

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=26967

10. m@rk

m@rk B.T.O.

That movie was VERY well done. Fantastic investigation by this Palast guy.

Well, it doesn't get any more informative than that.:138:

11. Raidenator

Raidenator Lurker

Eh I'd have to download a plugin so I'll watch it later. But if this is another crackpot conspiracy theory Sarge so help me...

Your rep in my book will go from 5000 to 4999.

smilemani likes this.
  12. smilemani

*Sniff... Sniff*

Is that sarcasm I smell?

13. m@rk

m@rk B.T.O.

Nahhh... I really think it was well done..

Look, there's ALOT of "conspiracy theory" bullshit out there, half of which I think is complete bullshit.

What people are misconstruing is the fact that the evil radical extremists of the middle east have wanted us dead LOOOOONG before the Bush dynasty. Like, since the Qur'an was written. Like, since the prophet Muhammed was first conceived and told "his people" that they will not get to "heaven" to see their seven virgins waiting for them until they kill the Christian world as we know it.

Everyone needs to face the facts, greed for oil or not, the threat is REAL and it's there.

Getting oil out of Iraq is just Bush's bonus.

14. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Conspiracy.. nah the truth.Nothing in that says conspiracy except maybe the elections but I still believed it was a crock of shit that
    Florida<the state his brother was Gov of>and the chad's and non counted votes were truthful.