1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

[RESOLVED] How do i

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Discussion' started by Hails, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

Hi guys , just wondering how do i move my own forum to my own domain ? I bought the domain last year but i have no idea how to move it leading it to my own domain , somebody help me out here please it would be good , Thankyou. I paid over $300 for it and its really pissing me off that i cant use my own domain.

2. Bass

Bass Well-Known Member

Re: How do i

Who did you register the domain with? Who hosts your forum now?

3. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

Ahhh i bought it through Telstra Bigpond , i am now doing the forum for it , i had the forum last yr but i deleted it as i had no idea how to get it under my own domain , i am going to try and see how i get the forum to my domain , i have no idea abt this stuff lmao

The forum is on jconserv.net/

4. Bass

Bass Well-Known Member

Whats the url to your forum? Do you have a control panel for your domain? Whats the domain name you have?

5. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

I own vidsontheweb.com here is the new forum http://vidsontheweb.jconserv.net/

BTW PA send me the code again to your site , my other site is down i will also put your site on this new forum :)

6. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

Yep the controll panel has no domain thing init , well i cant see one damn that would be my problem i spose hey , i will screen shot it for you

7. Bass

Bass Well-Known Member

What code did PA send you? What exactly do you want from your host? How much of a budget do you have to host this forum?

8. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

That was a code for his webste for his logo for this site to put on the main page i have it on my other site , i just joined up on there support forums i will find out there where to do it lol , Thanks for your replies Bass , much appreciated :)

9. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

the easiest thing i can think of is just parking your domain at your new site and pointing it at the nameservers. or sumthing like that ;D

but yeah, it prob be best to ask jconserv support.

10. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

Be good if the jconserv support forum would let me activate my account they sent me a dud link that i cant even click on Grrrrr , aint i having fun LMFAO

11. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

What are the IPB boards like does anyone know , there some probs with this Jconserv web hosting , does anyone know of anotther free forum hosting that does not have ads ?

12. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

um... the only one that comes to mind is informe.com. pretty good host. That was BCF's first home before this place. its been awhile now, but last time i was there they did not have too many features... :-\

13. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

14. Ace1875

Ace1875 Well-Known Member

well Hails to have your forum on your own site domain you need to buy the software like the phpBB or any other forum software, install it on your site domain through FTP access.

To migrate your site from where ever to you own domain you must have that free site's FTP access to download your forums and upload it on your site.

Jconserv allows this through a small $5 USD fee, don't know about the other site you created.

15. Hails

Hails Well-Known Member

Thanks guys after all this time i finally got a reply from Telstra Bigpond and i do it here http://www.tppinternet.com i will get around to it lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.