1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

American Idol

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, & The Arts' started by SurfSarge, Mar 14, 2007.

1. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Anyone else watch it? I know corny but I'm hooked! I guess it's because I like music.. :D

2. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

i just watch it the first few weeks so i can laugh at the rejects who think they can sing. :lol: :lol: :wink: :lol: :twisted:

3. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

4. Fireball

Fireball Masochist

Hell yeah! That's all I watch it for. God I love those psyco people!

5. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

http://www.votefortheworst.com/auditions

6. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

This bitch lived a town away From me when I lived in Jersey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

8. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

haha nice! ;D ;D

"heh heh, hiya paula" :D

9. cymru am byth

cymru am byth twll dîn pob sais

we've almost reached saturation point with talent shows in the UK, it sucks, talent shows and reality/celebrity shows are on constantly along with crappy soap operas. i avoid TV as much as possible unless there is something i want to watch on. that said the first couple of weeks of pop idol, American idol etc can be fucking funny.

ps Simon Cowell is a complete arse...................... had to be said ;D

pps sarge, if you like music you should hate these shows, manufactured acts are taking attention away from bands that have worked hard to get where they are instead of sucking Cowells cock ;)

10. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Yeah..It's more of a fixed singing competition..As much as Simon Cowell is an arse he is pretty funny sometimes..I don't watch much TV either but on occasion watch something as stupid as AI..I'm also interested to see if that site I posted was having an impact on who goes thru to the next round..They are voting for the worst singer..

11. 211drinker

211drinker Lurker

i rly hate AI...except the first couple weeks with the baddies

12. Butterz

Butterz Well-Known Member

It's almost that time of year again...baseball season is over and my wife will be assuming control of the remote...uggghhhhh

This is the ONLY TV she watches...tapes every episode...literally plans her schedule around this show...lol

So funny, she could care less about TV but is a TOTAL AI junky.

13. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Ya'll need a tivo...My Sateelite box has one built in it's freakn awesome
    The wife records here Brazilian shows and I use it for some football games
    and UFC fights

14. Butterz

Yeah, we really do...lol

AI gets really annoying to me and she literally won't miss a minute of it.

We almost got a tivo, but decided against it. We're not huge into TV...I'm religious about Red Sox games, pretty religious about football and she's really into AI...aside from that, it's 'flip around and see what's on' type of viewing...or DVD's.

I've heard great things about tivo, though. O0

15. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I have a 42" Flat Panel LCD with HD it's sick watching shows and games in HD.
    Been watchn Planet Earth totally baked in HD it's so trippy.

16. Butterz

Yeah, my oldest daughter has a flat screen HD TV (not sure the size, but huge)...they watch a lot of nature shows on it...really wild.

I'm stuck in the stone ages...have a nice sized TV in the living room and a good sized one in the bedroom, but, no HD. I'll wait until these things burn out then get one. I wanna say they're 36" and 27", but not sure...

17. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I've noticed after having a flat panel monitor
    and TV..It makes it hard to watch tv on an old style tv.

18. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

I agree. Just picked up a Samsung 21" HD monitor and it rules. Never going back to a CRT.

As far as American Idol, be thankful. You could get stuck with Canadian Idol. Which happens to be hosted by an ex-Prime Minister's failed offspring and a bunch of losers on the panel.

I liked that Daughtry guy a couple of seasons back. Until I heard his crap played on the Radio. "It's Not Over" i think was the song. Couldn't be soon enough.

19. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

He's fron NC so is Kelly ditz brain Pickler

20. Butterz

Yeah, I think Chris Daughtry was the best contestant on Idol to date.

I don't care of his music, either...but, good for him making some dough doing what he loves.

I just wish he had more 'original' sounding music, but he's got dorky reps from the Idol label guiding his every move...blessing and a curse...he's got his dream, but not on his terms.