1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.

If you could...(revised)

Discussion in 'Social Issues' started by Laughing Man, May 15, 2007.

1. Laughing Man

Laughing Man садистский делирий

if you could change ONE thing in the past to alter the future, what would you change?

:)

2. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

Re: If you could...

???
    i dunno.
    they all good in their own way

3. Laughing Man

Laughing Man садистский делирий

Re: If you could...

many apologies, i have altered it to a better subject ;) :D

4. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

I've been thinking about this one for awhile.
    Haven't come up with a good answer yet.
    Because I can't really judge what the change will cause.
    My idea might just fuck this world up more then it already is.

5. cathy

cathy Lurker

hmm.. id prolly say yes to the father of my kids the first time he wanted to get married.. ;) maybe things for us would have been alot less complicated..

6. crazyjoe

crazyjoe Lurker

Have the hijackers get caught prior 9/11

Around 3,000 died that day and the death toll in Iraq/Afghanistan is almost to 4,000 I believe.

Not to mention the civillian casualties as well(I have heard many figures - 100,000 was the last I heard).

7. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I would hmm change the way the Presidental Vote went when Bush won..
    That was biggest load of shit I have ever seen..Things have been on a
    downward spiral ever since..I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but
    I do think there is alot the public doesn't know or the Gov. doesn't want you
    to know..I feel like we have been lied to for years now..It's not just the movies
    and theories..It's the way this Pres. came into Office.. it all started with him
    winning Florida which btw just so happens to be the state his brother is
    Gov. of? Somthing never was quite right..Just my .02 looking fwd to the 08
    Elections..

8. Raidenator

Raidenator Lurker

If I could change anything about my specific past I would have made myself work harder in high school. Be one of those kids that finishes early and with a good amount of college credit. If I had done that I think my life would have ended up differently. Who knows?

9. Bassman

Bassman Member

not let my ex wife drive that cursed day of August 17th 1999.

I WISH A HORRID DEATH UPON EVERY DRUNK DRIVER IN THIS WORLD.

10. scx1984

scx1984 Lurker

Truth right there, brother. My best friends dad, (who ran the youth centre) was like a father to a lot of us. He was a taxi driver and got killed on his last call of the night by a drunk bitch in her SUV that ran a stop sign. EVEN though she was drunk, she got off vehicular manslaughter because the stop sign was partially obscured by a branch. She did get charged with D&D causing death, though.

Still, people who D&D should be shot on sight by a police officer. One of the most irresponsible crimes out there, if that makes any sense.

11. Raidenator

Raidenator Lurker

I'm sorry for ya man, I really am. I know what it's like to lose a family member, but I can only imagine what it would be like to lose my wife like that. It must be insane.

12. Jegar

Jegar Lurker

Well eh, I could always masturbate more every day ???

13. Heero Valentine

Heero Valentine Failed Abortion

i wish i would've have started playing guitar a couple of years ago.

14. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

It's never to late to learn guitar!

15. Heero Valentine

indeed :) now i just need to find a teacher...take a few lessons...checking if i have some talent for it and then buy a guitar.

don't know which one though...might go for a Warlock or something.
    [img width=600 height=389]http://www.onlinestagegear.com/brand/BC-Rich/Package/Metal-Master/Warlock-Body-Large.jpg[/img]
    or an Ibanez, just need some advice about guitars and stuff

16. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

well the few guitarists on this site myself included can give you advice..I'd get a nice but cheap acoustic to learn on!
    It's not the guitar<in most cases>It's the guy sittn behind it!

17. Heero Valentine

got any suggestions for guitars to play 80's and 90's rock with? :p

18. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I bought an old ovation electric /acoustic.. thing rarely ever goes outta tune..
    and I paid like $200 US for it!Sounds great too!

19. Heero Valentine

20. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member

This is going to sound really out there- but stay with me:

If I could change one thing in the past that would have the best result for where we are in 2007, I'd go back and rewrite the resolution of the Cuban Missile Crisis to include direct, *limited* military conflict between US and Soviet forces.

None of this pussyfooting around with client states- bring home to the general citizenry of both nations *exactly* what the consequences of pseudo-colonial pursuits like arms and influence peddling in the third world engender.

The UN could have stepped in, brokering a cease fire after a few hundred sailors were killed, and maybe -just maybe- the cold war would have ended a quarter of a century earlier than it did; and without utter the utter economic devastation wrought by Soviet reform: Complete laissez faire capitalism in the name of 'freedom' and 'democracy' saw the farm sold out -stolen- from under the feet of the Soviet people for kopecks in the rouble.