1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Idaho Teens Packing Heat

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Bass, May 22, 2007.

1. Bass

Bass Well-Known Member

2. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I agree thats why a concealed carry permit
    is necessity..It's legal to carry here also the
    gun laws are very friendly!

3. travelman

travelman Well-Known Member

Kids with guns? ???

hmmm, i dont know if i think this is such a good idea.

Research shows that adolecents brains dont mature untill age 20 22. Apparently the brain matures from back to front, and the parts concerned with risktaking, reward and oh cant find the right words, how u asses things in relation to eachother, risk vs gain, is among the last parts to mature.
    that's why, among other things, that tobacco companies try to hook up as young clients as possible. The distinction between what feels good right now vs a long term thinking isnt fully developed.

and man, ive met my share of unstable kids as a volunteer worker and also a scout leader.
    I wouldnt want to meet a pack of drunken teens packing heat...

I've been a military, and have had to ask myself "THE" question, "would I be able to shoot to kill someone?"
    I came to a yes, but only after years of training, and only in combat situation as an adult. and even then it wasnt easy.

Kids with guns? neh, kids should pack gameboys or barbies, guns are for adults, and in some cases even adults can handle it...

These laws, do they mean kids get to have guns without a screening? like checking juvenile records or mental records? or if they are on medicine?

4. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

I don't see much of a problem
    here other then age of the two brothers.
    If they are legal, they are legal.
    Concealed carry would create less fuss and
    personally I think more permits should be issued to law abiding citizens.
    Who meet the criteria of training and ability..
    We are living in a time when "Packing Heat" could save lives.

5. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I agree I will introduce my kids to my guns soon..I'd rather show them
    what it's about then hiding it and having them tryn to figure it out on their
    own..What's better then teaching Gun Saftey at an early age!

6. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

Exactly,
    satisfy the curiosity so they don't go looking on they're own.
    An early introduction to the safety aspect is a wise move.
    Please point out to them that if they shoot something,
    it's dead and it won't come back, ever.

7. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Yep especially after they get respwns on all those shootem up games they have.

8. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

No shit.
    Wish I had respawn.
    Get me a new body that hasn't been used and abused.