1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. BeerCandle is a private community You may need to register to view the content of some threads.
  3. You are currently browsing an area which has guest posting enabled. Please be aware that any contributions as a guest will be moderated before public display.

Back.

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Discussion' started by Green Tea, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Tea

Green Tea Tequila Mockinbird

simple ass system restore from May 18, one week before my shitload of viruses got installed.

the whole lot of 'em mofos got wiped out.

as of today, the threat count topped off @ 82 threats.
    i lost my files from May 18 7:56pm to now, but its no big deal. :)

2. Ace1875

Ace1875 Well-Known Member

3. Green Tea

in fact i do believe they are still present on my harddrive.
    (all i did was restore from may 18th, it still gives me the option to undo the restore.)

but it works, no more hyper active pop-ups.

i was and still am removing my harddrive and reinstalling a new one w/ the winXP OS. (i still have all the original discs)

i had a sweet yet fucked up screen shot of my pc slowly being consumed (it started at only 17 threats and ended at 82, and i even had my DSL modem turned off.)
    lmao, multiplied like rabbits they did!

Yeah, im getting a new pc anyways... a HP w/ windows vista 500gig hdd, 2048MB DDR2, and other shit that beats the hell outta what i have now. (dell w/ windows XP, 80gig hdd, 512MB DDR, other shitz :p)

4. Ace1875

system restore will not remove those programs from your hard drive it only restores the registry and some system files. so the spyware can still be there yet remain dormant till you find it and go "hmm WTF is this?"

5. Ace1875

besides how much are ya paying for this PC? May i suggest buying just the CPU and using the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers of the old one. you may come off cheaper.

If you already have a DVD R/W on your old one try to get just one CD ROM or DVD ROM in the new one or not get one at all. HP custom built will let you do that. and use it from the other PC. so you can use money on getting more ram or processor speed display whatever.

6. Green Tea

uh..
    if i get it before saturday, $1000.

i would keep the old one, but i was planning on replacing the drive, so i promissed it to a relative. ... either way my dell is outta here.

the HP isnt tha bad tho, 22"LCD monitor along with a nice graphics card, digital TV tuner, and AMD64 x2.
    dont have all the specs with me. and a friend is hooking me up with speakers & 30 watt sub.

only thing im not too crazy about is windows vista.
    im not one for change. (took me long enough to go from win98 to XP)

edit.
    nah, no DVD r/w.
    only cd r/w.
    (i have a DVD drive, lol...)

7. Ace1875

LMAO you are officially the first person i know that doesn't have a DVD burner.

In this old system....

download ubuntu burn it on CD and install it see how you like it, if you do keep it, if not, get vista.

Ubuntu dual boots anyway

BTW Do find out if the new unit is Vista compatible.

8. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

Well now you know 2.. I don't have a DVD burner on this computer..
    On my other one I do..I never had a use for one and I still havn't used the
    other one we have..Well maybe once I used to watch a Surfing DVD..

9. Dennis

Dennis R.I.P.

I got 2 CD r/w and 1 DVD r/w.
    Hardly use the DVD r/w
    I use the shit outta the CD burners
    :)

10. SurfSarge

SurfSarge misfit

I dont have time to burn Cd's anymore\
    I just listen to Satellite Radio and play games ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.